Do people really think Naoto is the worst party member?

#21Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 12/25/2012 6:34:03 PM
on Very Hard (where Shadows have double the HP and attacks do half the damage)

Difficulty doesnt affect shadow hp, its the same for all difficulty
And damage dealt on hard/very hard is indeed reduced, but not as much as it being halved afaik

Teddie is a good support character
If you bring him with yukiko/kanji, he can take yukiko healing/kanji matarukaja role so they can do more damaging stuff
If you bring him with yosuke and kanji, you can do 1 turn debuff and full buff (debilitate by MC followed by ma-kaja buff by the other), its more sp friendly than dragon hustle
Dragon hustle cost too much sp even with chakra ring unless you have a good stock of full sp recover item, and its a end game only skill
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#22ArtiRockPosted 12/25/2012 6:49:17 PM
Silfurbor_Negla posted...

And damage dealt on hard/very hard is indeed reduced, but not as much as it being halved afaik

If you bring him with yukiko/kanji, he can take yukiko healing/kanji matarukaja role so they can do more damaging stuff
If you bring him with yosuke and kanji, you can do 1 turn debuff and full buff (debilitate by MC followed by ma-kaja buff by the other), its more sp friendly than dragon hustle
Dragon hustle cost too much sp even with chakra ring unless you have a good stock of full sp recover item, and its a end game only skill

This.
---
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.
#23Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/25/2012 6:49:18 PM

I never said Teddie was bad, just the worst. My gosh. Stop arguing over preference, both of you.

I did fine without a "true" healer on Very Hard. Naoto helped tremendously in that department. I have Yukiko now in my Party for my second playthrough, and I find myself much more needy as far as being healed goes. Why? Because her evasion rate/Endurance is atrocious (as is Teddies). Most of the time she's the one who needs to be healed.

I give up. I'm moving along. There are more factors here then simple buffs/healing. There are stats, hidden evasion/critical rates, etc. Sorry, this is getting tiresome. I know how I did in my own game, on Very Hard. Neither of you admits to having played through this difficulty (I did without a NG+ btw) like I have (I have experience). So I'm done.
#24natchu96Posted 12/25/2012 6:52:30 PM
Arguing over opinion never works . . .
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#25ArtiRockPosted 12/25/2012 6:53:14 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...

I never said Teddie was bad, just the worst. My gosh. Stop arguing over preference, both of you.

I did fine without a "true" healer on Very Hard. Naoto helped tremendously in that department. I have Yukiko now in my Party for my second playthrough, and I find myself much more needy as far as being healed goes. Why? Because her evasion rate/Endurance is atrocious (as is Teddies). Most of the time she's the one who needs to be healed.

I give up. I'm moving along. There are more factors here then simple buffs/healing. There are stats, hidden evasion/critical rates, etc. Sorry, this is getting tiresome. I know how I did in my own game, on Very Hard. Neither of you admits to having played through this difficulty (I did without a NG+ btw) like I have (I have experience). So I'm done.

But your strategies are not the only strategies in the world. And again, I never called Naoto bad. Worst and bad are two different words. And admitting you did something doesn't make it so. Even if you did, that doesn't mean that you are suddenly the guru of gaming. There are more strategies than the ones you use(d).

I've never been one for the "rendered obsolete" argument.
---
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.
#26Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 12/25/2012 8:14:49 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Neither of you admits to having played through this difficulty (I did without a NG+ btw) like I have (I have experience). So I'm done.

I beat very hard/risky 1st playthrough when you still waiting the NA release lol
---
#27AlekxanderPosted 12/25/2012 8:29:54 PM

I don't want to get into the middle of an opinion argument, I just wanted to state that this isn't entirely true.
On Easy difficulty, I've killed an enemy shadow that had a listed HP of 600 with a 300 damage attack. So HP does play some factor in difficulty, though I'm not sure if it doubles in Very Hard.
#28thompsontalker7Posted 12/25/2012 8:56:34 PM
I can't stand Yosuke. He does piss-poor damage and his buffs/healing aren't enough to make up for it.

My team is usually all three ladies (Chie, Yukiko, Naoto), and it works out well.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#29MidgardDragon99Posted 12/26/2012 2:25:40 AM
I hope not. She was one of my main sources of power in my first run before NG+. Mind Charge + Megidoloan is a solid little attack. Of course with Chie and Kanji both leveled up there's not as much point to using her as their Power Charge + severe damage phys attacks outdo her. But she's great for random mob clearing.

People make far too much out of who is the "best" and "worst" party member. In this game every single party makeup is viable. Everyone should really just shut up and play who they want to play and stop telling others who they are wrong for using.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#30Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 12/26/2012 5:11:22 AM
Alekxander posted...

I don't want to get into the middle of an opinion argument, I just wanted to state that this isn't entirely true.
On Easy difficulty, I've killed an enemy shadow that had a listed HP of 600 with a 300 damage attack. So HP does play some factor in difficulty, though I'm not sure if it doubles in Very Hard.

Scan only show enemy max hp, not their current hp, maybe the enemy got hit by something 1st before you kill it using the 300 damage attack

Easy example would be the secret boss
Marg diarahan always heal 15k on all difficulty
Its a solid proof that enemies hp arent affected by difficulty
---