Is Naoto anything other than a dungeon sweeper? *naoto spoilers*

#1wwwgippal2Posted 12/27/2012 1:50:29 PM
I find that she has very little to do in boss fights. But she makes dungeon crawling such a breeze.
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#2D_WindsPosted 12/27/2012 1:54:23 PM
She's gotten a good amount of new moves in P4G.

- access to all -dyne spells
- Mind Charge, Megidolaon, Invigorate 3
- Shield of Justice (3rd tier Persona move) blocks an attack once for the party, useful for when you see a boss' ultimate move coming
---
Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#3NathypantsPosted 12/27/2012 1:55:53 PM
Well...

She can have control over every element, has both light and dark attacks, and an almighty spell. So that makes her very good fro random encounters.

However, her damage output is rather low in boss fights, but she can use Heat Riser/Damage reflect and/or null abilities to offer support.

So she's OK (still very much usable) in boss fights, but her best use is to make encounters easy.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#4awesomeunoPosted 12/27/2012 1:59:57 PM
There will be people who come in and say 'Oh, she's so much better for boss fights now'
It's true, but pretty much every other character is still better.

But she is the best random encounter character you've got. Sweeper teammate. Only really useful if you don't make a sweeper persona though...
---
Apparently I'm an icon now...Hell yeah.
#5Stasis_SwordPosted 12/27/2012 2:33:48 PM
awesomeuno posted...
There will be people who come in and say 'Oh, she's so much better for boss fights now'
It's true, but pretty much every other character is still better.

But she is the best random encounter character you've got. Sweeper teammate. Only really useful if you don't make a sweeper persona though...

With the exception of unique skills there is nothing any party member can do the MC can't do better. So comparing to him is pointless.

Naoto has gone from worse damage to middle of the pack damage (Bufudyne + ice gun + ice accessory + mind change). She still isn't Kanji/Yuhikko tier, but she's pretty good. She has one of the few useful special skills, and some other interesting skills. Why can people complain Kanji's uselessness in random battles is a minus, but Naoto's usefulness can't be a plus? Finally use who you like because any party/character can work.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears
#6Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 12/27/2012 4:52:47 PM
She can do makarakrn/tetrakarn spam, equip chakra ring on her for half sp cost
Tetrakarn spam is quite effetice on ameno and izanami as they can use agneyastra
Her shield of justice is very effective againts telegraphed deadly attack, especially againts the secret boss
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.