*spoilers* I refuse to do this S Link.

#11dragonkyn20Posted 12/27/2012 7:08:22 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7h6vmec5x1qkw7tro1_1280.jpg
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#12Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/27/2012 7:11:09 PM
Scum of the Earth... Even the MC felt sorry for him.

Seriously, do people not understand the message of the game they love so much? understanding is key, but it doesn't mean he should be absolved of all his crimes. There is understanding for the sake of deterring such actions in the future, to get to people like Adachi and help them before they become monsters.

A monster is still a human being. His actions are unforgivable and deserve punishment, but he is a byproduct of circumstance and rather then hate him why not attempt to eliminate those circumstances instead, to protect the lives of those who will potentially be victimized?
#13FireDragoon18Posted 12/27/2012 7:13:10 PM
Besides that, I like the Adachi Social Link because of his letter at the end of the game and his "pep talk".
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#14amazinguPosted 12/27/2012 7:16:58 PM
The_Limit posted...
Adachi is scum of the earth.

It's funny you should say that because even though I was suspecting he was behind it from an early point, I never ended up hating the guy.
There's just something about him that makes him hard to really dislike, and I actually greatly appreciate the game for that.

Of course, as has been stated, he's more of a victim of circumstance than anything else.
I found myself wanting to talk to him and visit him AFTER he got busted, but unfortunately the game won't let you (to my knowledge at least).
#15Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/27/2012 7:18:34 PM
I'm tired of people selectively choosing who deserves to live and who deserves to have never lived. Adachi isn't someone who should be discarded, but rather should have been helped, if for nothing else then the sake of all the people who's lives he destroyed.

Understanding is a major theme of this game. Even monsters need to be understood. If more of these people felt they didn't have to hide their impulses and feelings of being discarded or hated, if they could be accepted and helped with open arms, then more people would never have had to needlessly die (such as in the Connecticut shooting that took place not even a month ago).
#16The_Limit(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 7:31:09 PM
I'm sorry, but I really can't find a reason to feel bad for him. He just took his problems out on everyone else.
---
PSN: TheLimit32 - Persona 4 Golden
Rise... She's my everything... http://download.minitokyo.net/Minitokyo.Shin.Megami.Tensei:.Persona.4.587451.jpg
#17Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/27/2012 7:37:13 PM
The_Limit posted...
I'm sorry, but I really can't find a reason to feel bad for him. He just took his problems out on everyone else.

So the lives of the potential victims isn't enough for you? It's okay to sacrifice them because of your ego or pride? Do it for them. What better reason is there? If you neglect to do EVERYTHING possible to save these people, even try to understand the one who would hurt them, then you are no better then him.
#18natchu96Posted 12/27/2012 7:38:25 PM
The_Limit posted...

That sounds like half the humans in history.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#19dragonkyn20Posted 12/27/2012 7:42:38 PM
natchu96 posted...
The_Limit posted...

In the end, Adachi was willing to make amends for what he's done by serving out his sentence and 'abiding by the rules of this world'. That alone speaks volumes for his character unlike the murderers in real life that we have to deal with today.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#20Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/27/2012 7:44:00 PM
natchu96 posted...
The_Limit posted...

It's human nature to externalize their problems. Who knows why people like Napolean, Hitler, Osama did what they did. We have our theories, but we'll never know for certain.

Yet there are those who feel they can't express themselves without being branded monsters. Why is that the case? A person's actions are what separate him from good and evil, not the desires and impulses they never asked for. Why can't these people be helped instead of shut out?