Why can't I have Kanji as my boyfriend?

#1Judqement8Posted 12/29/2012 4:47:33 PM
Come on, it's 2012/2013 and we are still not treating people equally?
#2paulinkPosted 12/29/2012 4:48:01 PM
The main character is straight.
---
cool kids hideout
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/919573-donkey-kong
#3ColdFlamezPosted 12/29/2012 4:48:05 PM
Oh look, another one of these topics.
---
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&cn=Verranicus
#4CrimsonmistPosted 12/29/2012 4:48:32 PM
For the same reason hugging Yosuke is platonic :V
---
I might make this my sig...
#5finaleusPosted 12/29/2012 4:53:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Cappuccin0Posted 12/29/2012 4:59:43 PM
You take the main character's role, but I doubt you're supposed to be him per se. And he's straight. I'm OK with that, actually.
#7SicianPosted 12/29/2012 5:00:20 PM
Developers' choice.
---
A signature is an expression. It is an expression of free will. You have no free will. Thanks for calling.
#8CantidoPosted 12/29/2012 5:12:57 PM
This is not a Bioware game.

I think Atlus could take a cue from Bioware though. I genuinely wanted to help Yosuke and Chie with their grades, but comedy demanded they be morons whether or not you studied with them. And that's just one example.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#9finaleusPosted 12/29/2012 5:23:05 PM
Cappuccin0 posted...
You take the main character's role, but I doubt you're supposed to be him per se. And he's straight. I'm OK with that, actually.

Well, you get to name him, and he doesn't have any sort of personality in the slightest... it's all based on the choices you make (which vary so much from eachother personality-wise that they don't give him a single, definitive personality. There's also no place in the game that explicitly mentions he's straight. I really don't think he has any set sexual preferences/tastes in women/anything of that sort... the point is that you can choose who you want to date... because the person playing is YOU, not Yu.

Of course, I'm not the one who's complaining about this; I'm perfectly fine dating Yukiko and/or Rise (I think I'll only choose one and be a good boy in new game plus). I just think that it's inaccurate to say the main character has a set personality, when he doesnt... and that he's straight when there's no proof ruling out everything else :P

Anyway, it's not like dating affects the actual story in any way (not even the ending social link scenes, which pissed me off). Since its limited to the brief social link scenes, it's kinda lame. Kanji and the main character already have a beautiful (and sometimes incredibly homo) bromance, so they don't need to change anything.
#10MadigariPosted 12/29/2012 5:25:12 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1953/dudes.png
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.