SMT fans hate Persona fans

#11YatolPosted 12/31/2012 1:14:55 PM
i love persona but whats funny is Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne was the game that got me into persona

btw i hope the Shin Megami Tensei games will be sold on psn.
#12itis41269Posted 12/31/2012 1:15:58 PM
Persona games are SMT games...i wish people would just shut up about saying

persona isnt a SMT game
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#13Rasen543Posted 12/31/2012 1:22:07 PM
As a SMT fan that can get mad at Persona-only fans at times:

Persona games are fantastic, and honestly I think it's great that one of the best (maybe the best depending on your tastes) side-series to these games are accessible and that they have many fans. If they don't want to go on to the other SMT games, fine by me. I think most of the other SMT fans agree with me on this.

The things that gets the Persona fanbase in trouble:

-A lot of Persona fans go in to boards for other SMT games and say crap like "Why doesn't this game have social links?!?!?! NO BUY!" or "Why can't I go to high school in this game?!" Not everything is Persona.

-Another SMT game is announced, such as SMTIV for 3DS which has taken FOREVER to finally come. People automatically go "Atlus is stupid they should have made Persona 5 instead LOLOLOL"

-Persona is very (And I hate to use this word because of it's overusage and lack of meaning any more...) "weaboo." This is fine, but a lot of the fans it attracts are the kind that think self-insert fanfiction is better than the source material and love the games "Because it's kawaii desu an I get to go to Japanese high school with all my kawaii friends~~Nyan!" and are more interested in getting in to the social link girls' pants instead of the actual plot. Again...this is fine (I guess *shrug*) but please don't expect every other SMT game to be "Japanese High School Simulator 2.0" then. Other SMT games are a lot more accessible to those that aren't as familiar with Japanese culture.

The persona fanbase is pretty cool. It's just that their expectations for everything SMT related to revolve around Persona drives other fans nuts. This isn't just a problem with Persona fans, actually. To a lesser extent the Devil Survivor fans can act the same way, too. Just enjoy the games, but please respect the fact that the other SMT games have their own way of doing things and they should be enjoyed without the "How much is this like Persona?" question floating in the back of your head.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#14Strain42Posted 12/31/2012 1:25:01 PM
itis41269 posted...
Persona games are SMT games...i wish people would just shut up about saying

persona isnt a SMT game

Technically it's not, and I'm not sure why so many people are determined to say that it is. It's not like saying "Persona isn't an SMT game" is an insult to it. It's not like people are saying Persona isn't cool enough to enter the SMT club or anything.

It's a MegaTen game, yes, but it's not part of the Shin Megami Tensei series. Yes, Persona spun-off from the SMT game if... but Persona itself is not part of the SMT series.

That's like saying "The Cleveland Show is still Family Guy." or "The Simpsons are still The Tracy Ullman Show."

Once something spins-off and makes its own series, what comes from that is no longer attached to what it came from. Angel is still part of the Buffy franchise, but not the Buffy series. You don't watch an episode of Fraiser and say "This is my favorite episode of Cheers."

Persona is a MegaTen game because they're all part of the same franchise. It is not a Shin Megami Tensei title because it's not part of the same series.

Saying that is not badmouthing anything. It's just stating a fact.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#15ivanhellsingPosted 12/31/2012 1:25:06 PM
SMT fans thinks they are teh hardcore on everything ,but persona fans are just a bunch of casuals i cant blame them
---
White FC: 4428 0185 7278
#16SamuraiLloydPosted 12/31/2012 1:28:34 PM
Fanbases clash all the time, especially in Metaseries franchises like SMT where each subseries has their own set of dedicated fans. It's like how Mega Man and Transformers fans occasionally don't get along, while they are all part of the same main fanbase, they all have their own corners of it that they love the most and will occasionally butt heads with other fans.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#17DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/31/2012 1:29:57 PM
I like everyone.

Except for people who liked the first Devil Survivor. They can go suck a lemon. >8U
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#18Strain42Posted 12/31/2012 1:31:21 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
I like everyone.

Except for people who liked the first Devil Survivor. They can go suck a lemon. >8U

-angrily sucks on the aforementioned lemon while eying Jumpluff menacingly-
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#19DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/31/2012 1:33:11 PM
-angrily sucks on Jumpluff menacingly-

:u
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#20RikkettikPosted 12/31/2012 1:39:08 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
I like everyone.

I loved Devil Survivor. What's worse... I thought Yuzu was actually pretty okay.