SMT fans hate Persona fans

#121DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/31/2012 11:38:38 PM(edited)
That's another thing I liked about DeSu2. It wasn't as clear cut.

Ronaldo used chaotic methods to reach a lawful end while Yamato used lawful methods to reach a different lawful (Or chaotic) end. They were both law in the bigger picture imo but even that is up for debate.

They need to do something like this more often, having people represent ideologies instead of alignments. It was cool in Nocturne, it was cool in DeSu2, and it could be cool in future games.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#122thompsontalker7Posted 12/31/2012 11:35:59 PM
Even Persona fans hate Persona fans.

Heard so many times about how Persona 3 and 4 are "Babby's first Persona" or even "Babby's first SMT game" as if that means anything.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#123MidgardDragon99Posted 12/31/2012 11:58:59 PM
And thus why I have no real desire to play SMT even when I've been semi-interested. They make it seem like ultra-elite club of snobs and I'd rather not be a part of that no matter how good the game is. Maybe they'll take that attitude to heart.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#124MidgardDragon99Posted 1/1/2013 12:01:51 AM
metamara posted...
Persona fans claiming to be smt fans when the games they played are persona 3 or 4 or both. Then cry over whatever when they try out other megaten series and rage quit.

Come on, show your support to atlus by playing more megaten games like dds, devil survivor, raidou, main series, soul hackers, blah blah or blah.

My support for Atlus is mainly in the PERSONA team, because those are the games they make that I like. I supported the hell out of Catherine and it was a great game, but SMT fans would probably claim it is awful too. I don't want any part in the "hur dur this is so hurd you should only play hurd smt herp derp" games or fans. Give me a great story and a great game and shut up otherwise just plain shut up.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#125DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/1/2013 12:06:23 AM(edited)
And thus why I have no real desire to play SMT even when I've been semi-interested. They make it seem like ultra-elite club of snobs and I'd rather not be a part of that no matter how good the game is. Maybe they'll take that attitude to heart.

That's not a good mindset to have imo.

but SMT fans would probably claim it is awful too.

The only MegaTen fans I've seen who disliked it were mostly into Persona. :/
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#126metamaraPosted 1/1/2013 12:55:09 AM
It's not difficult to call yourself a persona fan, which is fine with me.

Your attitude also makes you a snob, midgard. You ain't any better. Lol
#127Inertion5Posted 1/1/2013 4:01:08 AM
Zeraylph posted...
ReezyKun posted...
Kuxal posted...
I just hate these mindless fans that love ONLY persona 4 and don't know **** about the series.
To be exact, I dislike people who are saying this is the best game ever made and that it has no flaws when in reality this game is PACKED with major flaws no one seems to see.

Hate is a strong word. You hate people who have a different option then you do how sad.

I agree with you, it's people like that, that drive away people.

There are better ways to introduce someone into the main series

Notice the word "dislike" in my post? I knew this exact **** would happen with you people so I decided to use word "dislike" instead of "hate" again.
Man you take everything so literally.
#128mmike265Posted 1/1/2013 4:35:08 AM
I didn't like dungeon crawler SMT games because I never like this type of RPG. Any SMT games without dungeon crawler is fine with me. Actually, I never claimed myself a fan of one game, like SMT fans, Persona fans, FF fans, Suikoden fans, etc because I love all of RPG games (Strategy, Turn Based, Action RPG) and I'll say myself as RPG fans. In my eyes, all of RPG games are equal, but if you want to know what my favorite SMT game, I say it's Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha. But the other SMT games are interesting and enjoyable too, it's just a matter of taste.
---
Read my lips mercy is for wimps! There's a reason "oppose" rhymes with "dispose"... If they get in your way, kill them! - Kefka Palazzo
#129NeoTimeDevourerPosted 1/1/2013 7:18:25 AM(edited)
Rasen543 posted...

-Persona is very (And I hate to use this word because of it's overusage and lack of meaning any more...) "weaboo." This is fine, but a lot of the fans it attracts are the kind that think self-insert fanfiction is better than the source material and love the games "Because it's kawaii desu an I get to go to Japanese high school with all my kawaii friends~~Nyan!" and are more interested in getting in to the social link girls' pants instead of the actual plot. Again...this is fine (I guess *shrug*) but please don't expect every other SMT game to be "Japanese High School Simulator 2.0" then. Other SMT games are a lot more accessible to those that aren't as familiar with Japanese culture.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've only played SMT:N and Persona 3 / 4 - I do enjoy those games, but Persona just attracts a certain breed of 'date simulator fans' I'd personally rather avoid. Same with Bioware games.
---
NTD
#130mmike265Posted 1/1/2013 9:32:27 AM
NeoTimeDevourer posted...
Rasen543 posted...

-Persona is very (And I hate to use this word because of it's overusage and lack of meaning any more...) "weaboo." This is fine, but a lot of the fans it attracts are the kind that think self-insert fanfiction is better than the source material and love the games "Because it's kawaii desu an I get to go to Japanese high school with all my kawaii friends~~Nyan!" and are more interested in getting in to the social link girls' pants instead of the actual plot. Again...this is fine (I guess *shrug*) but please don't expect every other SMT game to be "Japanese High School Simulator 2.0" then. Other SMT games are a lot more accessible to those that aren't as familiar with Japanese culture.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've only played SMT:N and Persona 3 / 4 - I do enjoy those games, but Persona just attracts a certain breed of 'date simulator fans' I'd personally rather avoid. Same with Bioware games.

That's why Persona 3 and 4 never be my favorite SMT games. I didn't like Social links system, if you want Dating Sim, you'll pick dating sim games. I play these two games just for their stories because I think it's interesting.
---
Read my lips mercy is for wimps! There's a reason "oppose" rhymes with "dispose"... If they get in your way, kill them! - Kefka Palazzo