SMT fans hate Persona fans

#131Garp_fistPosted 1/1/2013 12:00:04 PM
Digital Devil Saga is still my favorite SMT game, to me it was just the complete package, Persona 4 Golden and Strange Journey are right behind it, but I like pretty much all of the SMT games, sans the ones I haven't played which is only Devil Summoner.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 135. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#132sevihaimerejPosted 1/1/2013 1:13:01 PM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
metamara posted...
Persona fans claiming to be smt fans when the games they played are persona 3 or 4 or both. Then cry over whatever when they try out other megaten series and rage quit.

Come on, show your support to atlus by playing more megaten games like dds, devil survivor, raidou, main series, soul hackers, blah blah or blah.

My support for Atlus is mainly in the PERSONA team, because those are the games they make that I like. I supported the hell out of Catherine and it was a great game, but SMT fans would probably claim it is awful too. I don't want any part in the "hur dur this is so hurd you should only play hurd smt herp derp" games or fans. Give me a great story and a great game and shut up otherwise just plain shut up.

Well, as has been stated numerous times above there are people within every fanbase imaginable that could serve to detract from the appeal of the very thing they are praising by implying that they are somehow better for liking it. If you allow this to sway your actual opinion of a game you are only serving to perpetuate your own descent into a kind of reverse elitism wherein which you find yourself "above" trying something new because of how negatively you view others who like it (as opposed to doing the same for someone not liking it). The difficulty in SMT titles is greatly overstated anyway and, in some minor ways (more control over who or what your party consists of, more early game options for enhancing survivability) persona 3+4 is slightly more difficult. The main difference is that the recent persona games have split the world in half with dungeon crawling compartmentalized away from the real world of safety rather than the forever-dungeons of Nocturne and such.

Now that that's out of the way, I actually like all persona and SMT games that I have played (i refuse to believe Demikids actually exists) and especially loved Catherine. Depending on what aspects of the Persona series you like, there very well may be some nuggets of awesomeness left in the series for you. However, if you let the childishness of others (who may actually be children in some form) lower you to a state of illogical decision making you may never know.
---
The Official Aciel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#133Lock_PickerPosted 1/1/2013 1:23:53 PM
RavenShinobi posted...
I've been a fan of the series since Persona: Eternal Punishment came out. I enjoyed P3/4 and talking to their fans. But the only thing that annoys me about some of them is that they think S. Links is what makes a SMT worth playing.

When P1P came out they complained that the game had no S. Links and that you had to negotiate with demons to get tarot cards to get new Personas.
When P2: Innocent Sin was announced they asked whether the game had S. Links.
When Atlus announced P5 and mentioned it will be different from the previous games they said they better keep the calendar system and the S. Links.

I enjoyed the S. Links in P3/4, but they don't have to be in every game Atlus makes. It's sad that Atlus is aware of the obssession with social links and had to mention when marketing Devil Survivor 2 (and even Growlanser 4) that those game had S. Links to convince people to buy them.

The main thing i get them for is Atlus makes great rpgs
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne is one of my favorites
It's a bit difficult at various parts in the game, but it's fun
I pushed my way through Revelations Persona to beat it
the insane amount of loading is horrible in that version though
#134ZeraylphPosted 1/1/2013 1:25:07 PM
Lock_Picker posted...
RavenShinobi posted...
I've been a fan of the series since Persona: Eternal Punishment came out. I enjoyed P3/4 and talking to their fans. But the only thing that annoys me about some of them is that they think S. Links is what makes a SMT worth playing.

When P1P came out they complained that the game had no S. Links and that you had to negotiate with demons to get tarot cards to get new Personas.
When P2: Innocent Sin was announced they asked whether the game had S. Links.
When Atlus announced P5 and mentioned it will be different from the previous games they said they better keep the calendar system and the S. Links.

I enjoyed the S. Links in P3/4, but they don't have to be in every game Atlus makes. It's sad that Atlus is aware of the obssession with social links and had to mention when marketing Devil Survivor 2 (and even Growlanser 4) that those game had S. Links to convince people to buy them.

The main thing i get them for is Atlus makes great rpgs
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne is one of my favorites
It's a bit difficult at various parts in the game, but it's fun
I pushed my way through Revelations Persona to beat it
the insane amount of loading is horrible in that version though

Yeah P1 Port improved tremendously from what I read.
I think Loading issues are pretty resolved
#135kakashik99992Posted 1/1/2013 1:46:37 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
I like everyone.

Except for people who liked the first Devil Survivor. They can go suck a lemon. >8U

Devil Survivor 1 is one of the best games in the franchise IMO I would rank it equal or above persona 4 and bellow nocturne
#136DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/1/2013 1:50:18 PM
I think someone needs to suck a lemon. :u
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#137FScellPosted 1/1/2013 1:51:21 PM(edited)
Aside from the main character, the first Devil Survivor was way better.

And lemons are delicious.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#138Strain42Posted 1/1/2013 1:52:13 PM
I didn't mind the main character as a character (I mean he wasn't anything special, but I didn't dislike him) there was just something about his design that really rubbed me the wrong way.

And Jumpluff -throws another dried lemon into the pile- my lips are starting to hurt...
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#139CantidoPosted 1/1/2013 1:52:28 PM
I'm quite stuck on Wendigo in DS:O at the moment. On Easy. :(
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#140DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/1/2013 1:54:01 PM
I hope ALL of your lips start to feel the burn!

>8U
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma