ssj98_gotenks posted...
They should.

why?
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#153Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/1/2013 10:12:10 PM
Doru_Dinn posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Idk. But this topic seems to have gotten off... well topic. So I'll give my 2 cents being someone who's never played an SMT game (Persona is not an SMT game officially in Japan. It is a MEGATEN game):

Anyone who belittles someone else for liking anything over another is ridiculous unless:

-They belittled the other game first.

-The person is ignorant themselves. Such as saying things that aren't true (meaning, cannot be backed up with facts) or simply implying only Persona, etc. is worthy of anyone's attention.

-Put down a game because it was released before there's. Like someone said on the first page, this would be equivalent to "SMT IV? Where's persona 5?" Wishing that someone should miss out on a game they enjoy is malicious in nature (even if unintentional).

I wouldn't go so far as to say its malicious. Disrespectful might be a word I'd use.

But my whole opinion on the issue is as follows (ignore past here if you don't care):

There is a term that has become more or less prejudice, "weeaboo". Like most prejudices, it's a twist and/or exaggeration on truths about a group of people. The SMT franchise has been significantly away from weeaboo until persona, and still was somewhat distant until persona 3. Being with hipster tendancies and the ever climbing amount of people who played the series, most of the people who preferred the main SMT series as opposed to Persona were offended that it was doing better due to these "weeaboos".

As someone who's favorite game was Nocturne, but played persona 3 as my first megaten game (DEMIKIDS DOESN'T COUNT I SWEAR! :p) and has seen countless friends take sides for doing the same thing, I strongly believe this was the case. Honestly, I'd be surprised if many of the people who complain about persona fans even started playing megaten games before persona 3 came out. I'm fairly sure there is a large portion of people who lie about playing smt 1 and 2. They're good games that'd be cool to actually re-make, but they've aged terribly. XD

Yes, that would be a much better word for it, lol. My mind draws a blank sometimes.

Yeah, I understood that from the get go. It's the same way for other games (such as COD before MW or LoZ before OoT, or one of the big ones: Resident Evil before 4) but I feel it's unnecessary. Hating on people simply because they came in late is ridiculous. Even more so for spin offs, since they don't affect the main games whatsoever (you could make an argument for main games, since prior fans may not be satisfied with some gameplay changes).
#154ssj98_gotenksPosted 1/1/2013 10:13:44 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
ssj98_gotenks posted...
They should.

why?

Every fanbase has its bad parts.
#155Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/1/2013 10:15:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#156Nightmare637Posted 1/1/2013 10:15:27 PM
ssj98_gotenks posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
ssj98_gotenks posted...
They should.

why?

Every fanbase has its bad parts.

well yeah, but I don't think you should hate the entire Fanbase for that just one part of it.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#157Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/1/2013 10:17:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#158ssj98_gotenksPosted 1/1/2013 10:22:49 PM(edited)
Well people are going to hate the fanbase anyway

Cant beat em. Look at something like MLP. Pretty sure there are some messed up people in there, but some people assume theyre all insane or whatever.

What can you do about it.

Personally, most persona fans ive met have come off as annoying. Like, across at least 15 people. They just dont shut up, more so than other fans. Just from my experience. Not sure whats going on there. I love persona too though, so i guess im being hypocritical.

^Dude, you were pretty off.
#159Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/1/2013 10:22:09 PM
ssj98_gotenks posted...
Well people are going to hate the fanbase anyway

Cant beat em. Look at something like MLP. Pretty sure there are some messed up people in there, but some people assume theyre all insane or whatever.

What can you do about it.

Personally, most persona fans ive met have come off as annoying. I love persona too though, so i guess im being hypocritical.

^Dude, you were pretty off.

Persona is NOT perfect (sincerely).

There, I'm not one of them right?
#160ssj98_gotenksPosted 1/1/2013 10:23:19 PM
Idk man i hardly know you