SMT fans hate Persona fans

#21Rasen543Posted 12/31/2012 2:41:33 PM
Rikkettik posted...
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
I like everyone.

Except for people who liked the first Devil Survivor. They can go suck a lemon. >8U

I loved Devil Survivor. What's worse... I thought Yuzu was actually pretty okay.

I never got the Yuzu hate. I mean, the average person, if put in to their situation, would've acted probably WORSE than Yuzu.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#22SmashStrikePosted 12/31/2012 2:47:26 PM
I like everyone.

Except for people who liked the first Devil Survivor. They can go suck a lemon. >8U

Joke's on you, I like lemons. See at your scurvy-induced funeral.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#23Nightmare637Posted 12/31/2012 2:55:31 PM
I don't.

and I like Lemons. :)
#24ZoelPosted 12/31/2012 3:01:23 PM
I am actually happy that Atlus they drop the Shin Megami Tensei subtitle for Person 4 Golden. I mean sure they are a spin off series and have some of the core elements to the SMT titles, but they're not quite the same.

You have no idea how frustrated I am when I am trying to find Persona 3, but end up having to type Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 just find it.

I mean mind as be Capcom and do this, Street Fighter: Darkstalkers , Street Fighter: X-Men Children of the Atom, Street Fighter: Jojo Bizarre Adventures.
---
AKA as Zoelius / PSN: Celis777 [ working on P4G Faq]
P4A Main = Aegis / BB Main = Carl
#25ScutchingtonPosted 12/31/2012 3:01:40 PM
All fan bases have their detractors, the SMT Persona games just seem to have a vocal minority of them.

I'm loving Persona 4's story, I'm a sucker for mystery stuff like this. Sure this is my first SMT game but I was very much aware of the other games in the SMT series, heck my brother has Devil Survivor: Overclocked (I'd play it but from watching him play I don't really like the gameplay). I'm looking forward to the Soul Hackers localization that's coming out next year and I might pick up Strange Journey.
---
Ritsu Tainaka is mai waifu. http://i45.tinypic.com/wi28gw.jpg http://tinyurl.com/8zgmv2k "Gamecenter CX! Kacho... on!" -Arino Shinya
#26DrakillionPosted 12/31/2012 3:02:33 PM
That's sort of the vibe I'm getting from time to time haha. Don't forget about the Nocturne fans! XD

I still can't get over how Persona, a side-series, is more popular than the main one.
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#27RikkettikPosted 12/31/2012 3:04:38 PM
Rasen543 posted...
Rikkettik posted...
I like everyone.

I loved Devil Survivor. What's worse... I thought Yuzu was actually pretty okay.

I never got the Yuzu hate. I mean, the average person, if put in to their situation, would've acted probably WORSE than Yuzu.

Yeah, that's why I liked her. I thought it was nice to have someone act like I would, especially in a group of otherwise strangely competent people.
#28Strain42Posted 12/31/2012 3:05:14 PM
Technically all the series are more popular than the main one.

When's the last time you heard someone going "Man, Megami Tensei 1 and 2 ****ing ROCK!!! I can't wait for Atlus to announce Megami Tensei 3. That'll be sweet!"

lol
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#29singhellotakuPosted 12/31/2012 3:07:39 PM
I haven't because its not true, there is a small group of elitists who don't like the easier nature of the Persona games and like to whine about whether or not they are real SMT games but thats about it. You'd think they'd appreciate the persona games for creating an accessible gateway to the more hardcore SMT games.
#30SicianPosted 12/31/2012 3:15:36 PM
As long as people realize that P3 and P4 are not carbon copies of Japanese life just without Shadows.

I've branched out well beyond Persona , but 3DS games... I just don't have the money for another system.
---
A signature is an expression. It is an expression of free will. You have no free will. Thanks for calling.