SMT fans hate Persona fans

#31CrisisOfFatePosted 12/31/2012 4:07:24 PM
I don't hate them,but lately I've been having a hard time doing so.
I have to listen to some P4 fanboys constantly talking about how great the game is,don't misunderstand me it is a good game,but they overdoing it.And as soon someone mentions the old SMT games it's always the same:
"It's too hard/dark/boring,has no S.links" and so on.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#32Strain42Posted 12/31/2012 4:12:13 PM
I admit, I get very annoyed when I see people say stuff like "Oh, older game such 'n such is so much better because it's DARK"

Folks, "Dark" is not a synonymous term for "better"

It's okay to say you prefer the darker tones and you personally prefer it for story purposes.

But dark does not equal automatically better as many people seem to imply.

Dead Silence is a darker movie than say, Toy Story but that doesn't make it better.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#33Nightmare637Posted 12/31/2012 4:13:42 PM
Strain42 posted...
I admit, I get very annoyed when I see people say stuff like "Oh, older game such 'n such is so much better because it's DARK"

Folks, "Dark" is not a synonymous term for "better"

It's okay to say you prefer the darker tones and you personally prefer it for story purposes.

But dark does not equal automatically better as many people seem to imply.

Dead Silence is a darker movie than say, Toy Story but that doesn't make it better.

Hey I love Dead silence.(thats the movie where people get there tounges ripped out isen't it?)
#34ChiefColePosted 12/31/2012 4:23:17 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
SMT fans hate Persona fans because most Persona fans don't know anything about other SMT games and that fact angers SMT fans. Just look at the poster above me.

Eventually, P4G will become the FF7 of the SMT games. New fans are praising it like crazy and that pisses of the "original" SMT fans that think there are better games than P4. Games like DDS and Nocturne will be brought up and SMT fans will defend those games like crazy just to be different from most people that say P4 is the best SMT game.

Bullseye
---
PSN: JMONEY4ever
#35Strain42Posted 12/31/2012 4:25:14 PM
Games like DDS and Nocturne will be brought up and SMT fans will defend those games like crazy just to be different from most people that say P4 is the best SMT game.

OR...maybe they'll do it because...y'know...they actually believe that it's better.

Given the massive change in gameplay, I don't even think it's fair to compare something like P4 to DDS. They're very different games that excel in different ways.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#36Kazuhira07Posted 12/31/2012 4:32:26 PM
I'm not really into dark games, which is why I don't plsy SMT. Call it ignoramce or whatever you want..

I think this whole thing wouldn't be an issue if Atlus didn't put SMT on it.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Persona 4 The Golden
#37Dersu_UzalaPosted 12/31/2012 4:55:32 PM(edited)
To be more specific, we don't have much patience for many of the younger fans that Persona 3 and 4 brought to the series, who treat those games as if they're the only SMTs, and hold them up as being some of the greatest RPGs of all time when they're actually quite mediocre. In some cases, they don't really care about the games and just obsess over the characters. Persona 1 and 2 are still very much the domain of the old guard.

I'm not really into dark games, which is why I don't plsy SMT.

Lemme guess, you were raised Catholic or evangelical.
#38lindaluvPosted 12/31/2012 4:57:37 PM
But arent SMT and P games the same... kind of like battlefield and COD?
---
Its not just a battery, its DURACELL
#39Dersu_UzalaPosted 12/31/2012 4:59:11 PM
But arent SMT and P games the same... kind of like battlefield and COD?

Joke post? COD and Battlefield are very different styles of military FPS.
#40CantidoPosted 12/31/2012 5:00:50 PM
If Persona 4 was just another grimdark mess about killing God, I probably would have ignored it.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.