SMT fans hate Persona fans

#51StrangeJourneyPosted 12/31/2012 5:26:50 PM
Persona 4 fans are the annoying ones tbqh. I mean the people who only like P4 and haven't even played other SMT games then complain that they're too hard or cry for social links. That **** is annoying.
#52AugustDreamingPosted 12/31/2012 5:28:08 PM
The only SMT games I've played are Devil Survivor 1/2 & Strange Journey but I love both them and Persona >_>
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#53kratoscar2008Posted 12/31/2012 5:35:04 PM
Strain42 posted...
Yu (well, game-Yu, not Anime Yu) is not a generic "stoic" jerk Mary Sue who stars into a void in silence while girls throw themselves at him.

...I...bu-...I honestly can't tell if you're being serious. That's exactly what happens. Yes, you have to do social links if you actually want to get a lover, but you've still got Rise throwing herself at you the whole game, plus I think even if you don't have a romantic interest in someone you can still get dragged along to the summer festival by whichever girl likes you the most. The only difference between that and your FF7 example is you can choose to not go on the date if you don't want to.

I'm not saying I disagree with your overall point, I actually do agree with a lot of it.

But the sentence I'm putting in context here has me curious if you even played the game.

I think he overlap the anime Yu toward the game MC, as you said Rise loves MC no matter what, he is a respected sempai in school, he is skilled i cooking and all, he has everything given.

I love how Cantido use Zidane as to how a MC should be but "Stoic" characters get the most girls, obviously Zidane isnt cut for bein a true womanizer
#54Code_Geass_CCPosted 12/31/2012 5:43:49 PM(edited)
I tried playing other SMT games and I never liked them. I tried mentioning I disliked DDS and Nocturne to some SMT fans one time and all they could point out was that if I was a P4 fan than that made me ignorant >___>

I just don't care for those "doomsday" games. DDS took place in a post apocalypse...yaaay.... Heck I don't even enjoy Persona 3 all that much. But I do love Persona 4 because it feels different. The atmosphere is bright, it gives you warm happy feelings, the Jpop makes me dance and I enjoy all the characters who have to go through their personal or social struggles and I like trying to help them through it. The Persona 4 cast feels lively at all times, they are a tight group and the best group of characters I've come across.

Although I've never proclaimed to even be a Persona fan and that might be the difference. I love Atlus, they are my go to company right now, but I can't say I'm a Persona fan or an SMT fan.

I guess I'm excluded then. I personally think everyone should just leave each other the **** alone though. If Persona fans go to their boards and start talking poorly about SMT fine, hate those people. Not the people who stay on their own board and just enjoy their favorite game. I don't care how many "who is hotter" topics they make, let those people be who they are. Getting angry at P4's popularity is nonsense. Here's an age old question, can't we all just get along? Wars begin because people can't understand each other.
---
PSN: Key_Amazed
Now playing for eternity: Persona 4 Golden
#55Garp_fistPosted 12/31/2012 6:04:33 PM
As someone that likes both with a passion...whatever people like different things, like others said, it's only the fanboys that throw SMT as a whole under the bus for Persona that's truly annoying.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 135. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#56Nezu ChizaPosted 12/31/2012 6:08:47 PM
Ragentyle posted...
No I don't.

---
"I can't believe how childish you are, both in attitude AND breast size!" - Kusanagi to Momiji, _Blue Seed_
#57ZeraylphPosted 12/31/2012 6:12:03 PM
To be honest, I love quite a bit SMT games, but when I hear someone say something bad
about Persona games, because someone loves P1/P2P3/P4

They must be really insecure to brag that they've played every SMT and talk down others
who like just P3 and P4

Let them be, if they just like P3/P4 out of all SMT series. That's that.
#58CantidoPosted 12/31/2012 6:13:49 PM
What I mean is that Zidane is talking to others like a real, socially healthy person would do to get friends and a girlfriend, paying compliments, asking questions, challenging and motivating others in their moments of weakness etc. Zidane is a womanizer. Game-Yu CAN be (if he's just as active as Zidane), Anime-Yu defies every rule on how to talk to people and it doesn't matter because he's such a Mary Sue. Game Yu is not as "silent" as one would think. Having JYB say his optional lines would have been a nice touch and made him a much stronger character.

Strain42 posted...
Yu (well, game-Yu, not Anime Yu) is not a generic "stoic" jerk Mary Sue who stars into a void in silence while girls throw themselves at him.

...I...bu-...I honestly can't tell if you're being serious. That's exactly what happens. Yes, you have to do social links if you actually want to get a lover, but you've still got Rise throwing herself at you the whole game, plus I think even if you don't have a romantic interest in someone you can still get dragged along to the summer festival by whichever girl likes you the most. The only difference between that and your FF7 example is you can choose to not go on the date if you don't want to.

I'm not saying I disagree with your overall point, I actually do agree with a lot of it.

But the sentence I'm putting in context here has me curious if you even played the game.

I beat Vanilla once and Golden once, and I get what you're saying. Rise is an anomaly for me, and I'm ill equipped to comment on Rise because I think she's awful and don't know whether or not to take her puppy love for Yu seriously, or if it's meant to be comedic. She makes him the center of her universe out of nowhere, cranking out little heart-symbols and doesn't really bond with the other characters. In Vanilla I ignored her (shame on me I didn't know she recharged SP) but she's still squealing I LOVE YOU at the train station.

It's not so much that the player needs to be the one in control of every conversation. P3 and P4 are not the end all and be all of sociability in heroes. It pains me to say it, but Atlus really could take a page from Bioware. For example, during my first playthough I genuinely hoped that studying with Chie and Yosuke would both improve our rank, and their grades, but comedy demanded they be dumb as rocks academically. An RPG that did not have the S.Link system but had a hero that was just as genuinely caring and social as Yu and Zidane would probably pique my interest.

I'll give you another example. Ryudo from Grandia 2. He's far from my favorite hero or a decent human being but hear me out. When he's done being a jerk and two chicks are on the brink of killing each other over him, he does something I have never seen before and will probably never see again: he talks to them each, admits he doesn't know what relationship he wants and apologizes for making an awkward situation even more painful. CLASSY. Why couldn't Cloud Strife be that considerate? Many other JRPG heroes would try damn hard to look the other way. I never forgot that about Grandia 2, and by all means if anyone knows of any other RPG heroes who do this let me know what game and I'll probably play the @#$% out of it just because of how much I would like to see that.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#59ZeraylphPosted 12/31/2012 6:17:47 PM
Zeraylph posted...
To be honest, I love quite a bit SMT games, but when I hear someone say something bad
about Persona games, because someone loves P1/P2P3/P4

They must be really insecure to brag that they've played every SMT and talk down others
who like just P3 and P4

Let them be, if they just like P3/P4 out of all SMT series. That's that.

But at same time forgot to mention, there are some annoying as heck persona fans.
Which can be said of for every fandom. There will always be annoying ones
#60Some_StaticPosted 12/31/2012 6:22:29 PM
Zeraylph posted...
But at same time forgot to mention, there are some annoying as heck persona fans.
Which can be said of for every fandom. There will always be annoying ones

trying being a homestuck fan. ._.
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.