SMT fans hate Persona fans

#71CrimsonmistPosted 12/31/2012 6:37:07 PM(edited)
FScell posted...
Having followed the previous stories on that site it really just weirds me out how big it's gotten since Homestuck.

Cause about a week into it I was like 'Man this has nothin' on Problem Sleuth this story isn't going anywhere."

Whoops.

Only thing I can guess is vague Earthbound and the Sims references combined with weird conversations was a winning formula, in tandem with a devoted Problem Sleuth fanbase already gushing in various parts of the net allowed it to spread like wildfire to people with various interests which only intensified based on various future characters and their references to terrible subcultures.
---
I might make this my sig...
#72IAmMC2Posted 12/31/2012 6:37:27 PM
But the great thing about SMT is that it has something for everyone. Want an RPG that will chew your face off? It has that. Want something a little more lax? It has that. Action RPG? Yep. Strategy RPG? You got it.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#73ZeraylphPosted 12/31/2012 6:39:39 PM
IAmMC2 posted...
But the great thing about SMT is that it has something for everyone. Want an RPG that will chew your face off? It has that. Want something a little more lax? It has that. Action RPG? Yep. Strategy RPG? You got it.

That's true, do agree.
#74CBratePosted 12/31/2012 7:12:26 PM(edited)
They do? I find that hard to believe.

I find this hard to believe too.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie
#75your_mom1Posted 12/31/2012 7:21:36 PM
I don't hate them for that. I started with Devil Survivor, then P4. The first time I played Nocturne I stopped early when I saw it had no voice...but then picked it back up 8 months later and finished it....great game. Looking forward to SMT 4.

Also, Devil Survivor has a better combat system (I like the tactial system more)

As someone else said, SMT has pretty much every type of RPG in it, and that's not a problem. I hope SMT 4 has the Press Turn system again.
#76DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/31/2012 7:37:00 PM
I hope SMT 4 has the Press Turn system again.

Good news.

It does.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#77Aaron_FeuerPosted 12/31/2012 7:59:16 PM
Rasen543 posted...

Persona is very (And I hate to use this word because of it's overusage and lack of meaning any more...) "weaboo." This is fine, but a lot of the fans it attracts are the kind that think self-insert fanfiction is better than the source material and love the games "Because it's kawaii desu an I get to go to Japanese high school with all my kawaii friends~~Nyan!" and are more interested in getting in to the social link girls' pants instead of the actual plot. Again...this is fine (I guess *shrug*) but please don't expect every other SMT game to be "Japanese High School Simulator 2.0" then. Other SMT games are a lot more accessible to those that aren't as familiar with Japanese culture.

I and my friend can be in agreement on this since we are the exact opposite of this post. In fact, the reason why I like P4 is because of the social atmosphere it gives. The plot is interesting and keeps you wanting to get to the end for the climatic showdown. I also love the fighting your true self aspect since many teenagers this generation constantly fight with their true feelings. honestly, despite the fact that P3 has awesome music as well, the characters made me feel apprehensive at times. In P4, I feel like I can easily be friends with anyone in that universe. HOWEVER, I AM interested in the first SMT games. Hopefully I can check them out soon.
---
Sandy: If there's not even a modium of kindness in a sadist's heart, then her actions are merely abuse!
Soul: That's some disturbing logic.
#78vega2505Posted 12/31/2012 7:59:59 PM
Implying there's a difference between SMT and Persona...SMT became Persona.

SMT Persona was the first game, then SMT Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment...Persona 3 was just the first one to not use the SMT moniker.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#79DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/31/2012 8:02:36 PM
SMT Persona was the first game, then SMT Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment...Persona 3 was just the first one to not use the SMT moniker.

Are you talking about in Japan? Because I'm pretty sure they never had SMT in their titles.

If you're talking about NA, I know for a fact the first Persona not to use the SMT name was Persona 4 Arena.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#80Aaron_FeuerPosted 12/31/2012 8:06:00 PM
vega2505 posted...
Implying there's a difference between SMT and Persona...SMT became Persona.

I was talking more of Devil Survivor, Nocturne, overclocked etc. THOSE SMT games. Sorry, haven't read up on the other titles.
---
Sandy: If there's not even a modium of kindness in a sadist's heart, then her actions are merely abuse!
Soul: That's some disturbing logic.