SMT fans hate Persona fans

#91Shadowstar108Posted 12/31/2012 7:42:03 PM
I personally don't understand the hate, but this is the internet we're dealing with. Rage happens all the time.

Anywho, Persona 2: Innocent Sin started my introduction into Atlus titles, followed by Persona 3 Portable, and finally Persona 4. I loved all of those, and I bought Devil Survivor 2. I also love it to death, but it's kicking my ass at the moment. I also have to keep telling myself "It's not Persona, of course it's different" while I play it.
---
~Currently Playing: .hack//Infection, Devil Survivor 2, and Magic: The Gathering~
#92kirusuPosted 12/31/2012 8:08:49 PM
i wonder what shin megami tensai fans do not hate nowadays. seems to be a trend to follow this smt cult
---
gamefaqs. home of the funny and source of information.
#93CrimsonmistPosted 12/31/2012 8:10:28 PM
They don't hate Homestuck :V
---
I might make this my sig...
#94ZeraylphPosted 12/31/2012 8:18:38 PM
Crimsonmist posted...
They don't hate Homestuck :V

The very word homestuck strikes fear into me lol
#95PickleChickPosted 12/31/2012 8:20:10 PM
I just don't understand why people get offended that people like something. I've never gotten the whole mentality of crapping on new stuff or new fans just because they have a differing opinion from you. I really enjoy this game and I've played other SMT games in the past but didn't enjoy them as much. Sorry, I really like social links and the social aspects of this game as well as the plot. Don't know why that would in any way bother anyone.
---
I'm going to go fondle my sweaters. ~ Gene
#96kefka_teaPosted 12/31/2012 8:33:42 PM
Don't tell me what to hate.
#97kratoscar2008Posted 12/31/2012 8:39:16 PM
PickleChick posted...
I just don't understand why people get offended that people like something. I've never gotten the whole mentality of crapping on new stuff or new fans just because they have a differing opinion from you. I really enjoy this game and I've played other SMT games in the past but didn't enjoy them as much. Sorry, I really like social links and the social aspects of this game as well as the plot. Don't know why that would in any way bother anyone.

In general the fear is that Persona success lead to two things:

1- ATLUS decideds to expand Persona features to the main SMT series.

2- That ATLUS decided to kill the series because its not persona.

Wich is understandable as people familiar with persoan wouldnt like that Persona take the features they dont like in SMT.

As example even DS2 has some kind of SL so i say the fear is justified.
#98Strain42Posted 12/31/2012 8:42:07 PM
Devil Survivor always had sort of a social aspect to it though, all DS2 did was give it an actual purpose by forming a system around it that could unlock demons, special skills and what-not.

I personally found the Fate system a lot better than the Social Link system to be honest.

I dunno, I get the fear, but I think it's unfounded. To me just the fact that SMTIV brought back the Press Turn system seems to show off that Atlus is well aware that SMT and Persona like different things.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#99SevynePosted 12/31/2012 8:47:01 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
PickleChick posted...

Wich is understandable as people familiar with persoan wouldnt like that Persona take the features they dont like in SMT.

I can understand having a fear of that. I've even stated a few times to keep Persona stuff in Persona when people suggested those features in a SMT game, but hate for people with differing tastes is totally different. That's just some people being pompous d***wads that think they're better than everyone that haven't played the mainline series. And I'm speaking as one of the people who does like both series. I just don't really care what other people like. Not really my problem. When one series starts to intrude on the other then I'll get annoyed, but not at the players. They do not make the games after all.
#100JohnNilesPosted 12/31/2012 8:50:41 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
PickleChick posted...

That seems logical. But lashing out at people will just drive them away, leading to lower sales and the eventual death of the series.