Your first RPG

#1MogMoogle1Posted 1/3/2013 10:24:00 PM
If this isn't your first RPG, what was your first that eventually led you to this game?

My very first RPG was FF4(aka FF2 for the SNES).
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#2gotohadesPosted 1/3/2013 10:27:49 PM
My very first RPG was Final Fantasy VII, which is why it holds a very special place in my list of favorite games. From there I went back and played Final Fantasy I-VI, and from there the rest is history. I have quite a bit of varying RPG experience at this point, and almost all of the SMT games are on my list of favorite games. Specifically regarding the SMT series, my first one was Nocturne, and to this day it remains my favorite of the entire series.
---
"To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly TWICE looks like carelessness."
3DS Friend Code: Micah 4682-8451-8168
#3Doru_DinnPosted 1/3/2013 10:29:18 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm speaking for almost a quarter of the board and say Pokemon R/B/Y.
---
You've got to admit that there's a certain inherent epicness in the Hero running around looking like Hobo Link.
- Guruda on Dragon Quest VII
#4HarvestrOfSoulsPosted 1/3/2013 10:29:23 PM
Super Mario RPG for me.
---
PSN ID: Berselius
XBOX LIVE ID: HarvestrOfSouls
#5Boomerang78Posted 1/3/2013 10:31:48 PM
My first, and favourite, RPG is Grandia.

I was introduced into the SMT series through Digital Devil Saga. Then, a couple of years later, G4's X-Play did a review of Persona 3, and I liked what I saw, despite the review's remarks. Yes, X-Play sucks, but it was all I could watch as I folded and stacked papers for my delivery route. I played that, and bought the sequel, Persona 4 just last summer in 2011, which was a couple of years after my playthrough of Persona 3 (yeah, was kinda late).
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#6thinkingofwarPosted 1/3/2013 10:35:06 PM
lol Grandia 1.

First RPG was Final Fantasy I, but I was still a bit young to get far. Then, I hit Tecmo Secret of the Stars... Kind of surprising I stuck with the genre...

Eventually saw my friend's copy of Final Fantasy II (IV). Eventually would rent Final Fantasy III (VI) about 20 consecutive times.
---
I am actually everyone in this topic. I have a lot of personalities that I call upon at will. - holyknight14
#7MogMoogle1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:38:38 PM
thinkingofwar posted...
lol Grandia 1.

First RPG was Final Fantasy I, but I was still a bit young to get far. Then, I hit Tecmo Secret of the Stars... Kind of surprising I stuck with the genre...

Eventually saw my friend's copy of Final Fantasy II (IV). Eventually would rent Final Fantasy III (VI) about 20 consecutive times.

Lol, videogame rentals, I used to go to Blockbuster all the time back when it was a big thing to do.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#8ConMan8Posted 1/3/2013 10:39:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9thinkingofwarPosted 1/3/2013 10:41:50 PM
MogMoogle1 posted...
thinkingofwar posted...
lol Grandia 1.

Lol, videogame rentals, I used to go to Blockbuster all the time back when it was a big thing to do.

Wasn't even a blockbuster, just a local place. I loved my rented copy; we should have just said we lost it. One fateful day, another person reserved it...and after I struggled so hard on the floating continent.

I also remember walking in and seeing the Super Mario 64 promos...the next year I would befriend my neighbor simply to play Mario and Star Fox 64 at his house.
---
I am actually everyone in this topic. I have a lot of personalities that I call upon at will. - holyknight14
#10MadigariPosted 1/3/2013 10:44:17 PM(edited)
Dragon Quest/Warrior 1 on the NES.

EDIT: That or Golvellius: Valley of Doom on SMS. I can't remember which was first.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.