Your first RPG

#251skunknutsPosted 1/4/2013 8:11:11 PM
jakerscythe posted...
My first RPG was Pool of Radiance, the SSI Gold box edition.

Very cool, used to play all those AD&D Gold Box games, still have them around somewhere.

My first RPG was Dragon Warrior on the NES. The concept of grinding was so new back then, I actually LIKED doing it.
#252Darkcypher2Posted 1/4/2013 8:17:31 PM
1st rpg i ever played was legend of dragoon (PS1 jam pack demo)
1st rpg i ever saw being played was valkyrie profile
1st rpg i ever owned was grandia

those 3 games along with SO2 and lunar 1&2 will always be my favorite
rpgs
---
A true warrior enters the arena with all his powers at the ready
--Gouki
#253ZeroX91Posted 1/4/2013 8:28:50 PM
Uhh.. pokemon red I guess...If that doesn't count then FF VI.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#254ashley1brownPosted 1/4/2013 8:51:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#255Cappuccin0Posted 1/4/2013 9:18:47 PM
Final Fantasy 1 on the NES, too.
#256OximofoPosted 1/4/2013 9:36:24 PM
Final fantasy 1
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#257vault2049Posted 1/4/2013 9:37:27 PM
Wow! This really takes me back a whole lot of years. First RPG ever? That would be the mighty Chrono Trigger for the SNES. Haven't played anything better in all this time that has passed and I still play it again and again.

I couldn't compare Chrono Trigger to any of the Shin Megami Tensei games, more specifically: To any of the Persona games. Since Persona (at least from the 3rd game) became a modern RPGs, while the likes of Chrono Trigger remain back in time, when turn-based RPGs were the boom.

Today, Persona combines dungeon crawling, turn-based battle system, and a fairly high amount of extra features, some of which are related and require to dungeon-crawling, and some others that do not but, at the same time, are related to enhancing your whole experience withing the game; dungeon-crawling or not. Hell, the extra features are so good and well done that the game could just depend on these and leave everything aside.

When I look back at time, honestly, I can't believe how the RPG genre has developed into something like this. This type of games would have been unthinkable 15 years ago.
I can't wait what they do with Persona 5.
#258LitCandlezPosted 1/4/2013 9:37:30 PM
Kingdom Hearts
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#259AnonymousLonerPosted 1/4/2013 9:43:03 PM
"FRUA" when I was way too young to even know what an RPG was. It was sort of a Dungeons & Dragons-type RPG making program with its own premade game. I had no freakin clue what I was doing, especially when I was trying to make one of my own.

Started out at max level and created an room that gave tons of exp upon entering; entered the room repeatedly and kept going "Yay, I'm getting free exp!" It was fun until I created a battle that ended up disintegrating myself. I had no idea how to revive my character and then I quit soon after. Good times.
---
"You can get can flipped just as easily in low-sec or null-sec as you can in high-sec. Think about it for a moment before you type." - pyber80
#260Pauld24Posted 1/4/2013 10:02:54 PM
Mines was Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. Great game!