Your first RPG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: skunknuts

skunknuts
4 years ago#251
jakerscythe posted...
My first RPG was Pool of Radiance, the SSI Gold box edition.

Very cool, used to play all those AD&D Gold Box games, still have them around somewhere.

My first RPG was Dragon Warrior on the NES. The concept of grinding was so new back then, I actually LIKED doing it.

User Info: Darkcypher2

Darkcypher2
4 years ago#252
1st rpg i ever played was legend of dragoon (PS1 jam pack demo)
1st rpg i ever saw being played was valkyrie profile
1st rpg i ever owned was grandia

those 3 games along with SO2 and lunar 1&2 will always be my favorite
rpgs
A true warrior enters the arena with all his powers at the ready
--Gouki

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
4 years ago#253
Uhh.. pokemon red I guess...If that doesn't count then FF VI.
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
(message deleted)

User Info: Cappuccin0

Cappuccin0
4 years ago#255
Final Fantasy 1 on the NES, too.

User Info: Oximofo

Oximofo
4 years ago#256
Final fantasy 1
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9

User Info: vault2049

vault2049
4 years ago#257
Wow! This really takes me back a whole lot of years. First RPG ever? That would be the mighty Chrono Trigger for the SNES. Haven't played anything better in all this time that has passed and I still play it again and again.

I couldn't compare Chrono Trigger to any of the Shin Megami Tensei games, more specifically: To any of the Persona games. Since Persona (at least from the 3rd game) became a modern RPGs, while the likes of Chrono Trigger remain back in time, when turn-based RPGs were the boom.

Today, Persona combines dungeon crawling, turn-based battle system, and a fairly high amount of extra features, some of which are related and require to dungeon-crawling, and some others that do not but, at the same time, are related to enhancing your whole experience withing the game; dungeon-crawling or not. Hell, the extra features are so good and well done that the game could just depend on these and leave everything aside.

When I look back at time, honestly, I can't believe how the RPG genre has developed into something like this. This type of games would have been unthinkable 15 years ago.
I can't wait what they do with Persona 5.

User Info: LitCandlez

LitCandlez
4 years ago#258
Kingdom Hearts
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles

User Info: AnonymousLoner

AnonymousLoner
4 years ago#259
"FRUA" when I was way too young to even know what an RPG was. It was sort of a Dungeons & Dragons-type RPG making program with its own premade game. I had no freakin clue what I was doing, especially when I was trying to make one of my own.

Started out at max level and created an room that gave tons of exp upon entering; entered the room repeatedly and kept going "Yay, I'm getting free exp!" It was fun until I created a battle that ended up disintegrating myself. I had no idea how to revive my character and then I quit soon after. Good times.
"You can get can flipped just as easily in low-sec or null-sec as you can in high-sec. Think about it for a moment before you type." - pyber80

User Info: Pauld24

Pauld24
4 years ago#260
Mines was Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. Great game!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived