Your first RPG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Alamyst_

Alamyst_
4 years ago#261
Final Fantasy
psn Alamyst

User Info: xxFOXFIRExx

xxFOXFIRExx
4 years ago#262
Grandia

My Uncle got it for me for my birthday one year. I had never played a game like this, but i was instantly hooked. Grandia still holds a place on my top RPGs list

User Info: Eushie_Moogle

Eushie_Moogle
4 years ago#263
It was either Pokemon Red, or Final Fantasy III(VI), but it's hazy!

User Info: Trailblazer34

Trailblazer34
4 years ago#264
Doru_Dinn posted...
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm speaking for almost a quarter of the board and say Pokemon R/B/Y.

User Info: Kazuhira07

Kazuhira07
4 years ago#265
FF8. Thought it was a boring game, didn't understand the concept of RPGs. I eventually re-borrowed it from a friend, when I saw it in his room (idk why I did that) This time I actually read and payed attention to the tutorials, I was so driven by the story, spamming GFs, didn't make good use of the junction system, playing tripld triad, lol I didn't have a memory card by the time I got to the timber mission.

It's now my favirite game.
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Tales of Eternia

User Info: Roo82

Roo82
4 years ago#266
Ys on the Sega Master System. Loved that game!
(message deleted)

User Info: DiabloRockADT

DiabloRockADT
4 years ago#268
Dragon Warrior for the NES was mine... I still remember spending hours with my favorite music tapes (not CD's) in the stereo, grinding experience points.

User Info: Reinsol70

Reinsol70
4 years ago#269
FScell posted...
Dragon Warrior/Quest.

Goddamn bridges.

^ This made me laugh.

Dragon Warrior was also my first RPG, although I played Final Fantasy quite a bit more.

User Info: Atalalama

Atalalama
4 years ago#270
Some Ultima game on the NES. Didn't like it. Didn't make ANY sense at all.

The next game was, I think, Secret of Mana or Final Fantasy III (VI).

It was only 4 or so years ago that I finally went back & beat that first game. It still sucked. What took MONTHS before due to not understanding what to do, took me 2 HOURS with a guide handy.

Don't ask me for my fave RPG...I could never decide.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived