Your first RPG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Rihawf

Rihawf
4 years ago#281
FFX-2
Also, learned english with it.
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)

User Info: Cantido

Cantido
4 years ago#282
Super Mario RPG.

And what a great way to start it was :D
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.

User Info: Kite91

Kite91
4 years ago#283
My first RPG was Super Mario RPG. This was when I sucked at RPGs. Couldn't even beat the Hammer Bros... Now I can play through it in my sleep.

Anyway, I started playing more RPGs and became a fan, also gradually got better. There was a topic about Persona 3 on a forum I regularly go to and I decided to try it. Loved it. Then I went on to get Persona 4 when it came out.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Haseo8
PSN: Zichiker(made it years ago, which is why the name is terrible)

User Info: ryudin89

ryudin89
4 years ago#284
Earthbound.

And it's still my favorite.
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr

User Info: Lestat-

Lestat-
4 years ago#285
Might be showing my age a bit but Dragon Warrior/Quest 1 on the NES. I was terrible at it of course being only like 7 at the time. But it was great. Didn't play another rpg until final fantasy 2/4. By then I understood the concepts and fell in love with the genre.
"And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." - Desiderata

User Info: Kalanyr

Kalanyr
4 years ago#286
Hmmm.

One of those basic graphic dungeon crawlers off a freeware disc back in 1994. Can't even remember the name. A demo of Elder Scrolls: Arena sticks out in my mind too.

First RPG that I remember playing well ? Castle of the Winds. Though it may have been WarWizard or Aethra Chronicles. I don't remember what order I played those in. Would have been somewhere between 94 and 98, I also played Dark Sun Shattered Lands and Wake of the Ravager somewhere late in the latter half of that period.

There was a NES at my grandparents house around 93, but that didn't give much opportunity for the kind of time you'd have to put into an RPG so I never used it for that, I did mess around with Legend of Zelda but yeah, time.

My first "console" RPG was Pokemon in 98, got a Gameboy Pocket just for it. Though I'd played it on an emulator before.

Started proper console RPG gaming with the PS2 in 2003, first RPG I played there was Final Fantast X. I'd played FFVIII on the PC around 2000, so it wasn't my introduction to Final Fantasy.

User Info: natsume20

natsume20
4 years ago#287
Final Fantasy 6 on the PS1.
Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia, YS: Celceta no Jukai

User Info: grungolah

grungolah
4 years ago#288
LoveSheep posted...
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord 1981.

A strong entry!

User Info: Zekun

Zekun
4 years ago#289
Final Fantasy I
PSN: Zekunlu

User Info: us_rname

us_rname
4 years ago#290
Super Mario RPG! And the Pokemons. But other than those I think my first RPG was Kingdom Hearts

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived