Uh... KADFC... This... THIS CANT BE RIGHT!

#1heyitsthatguy11Posted 1/4/2013 8:38:59 PM
HRF guide
From majority agreement, scanning doesn't count towards this trophy.

If this is true... I'm going to cut myself.
---
I like what I like, and I don't need a reason. So don't ask me why I like something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
#2HoIlywoodPosted 1/4/2013 8:46:33 PM
If that is true I too have wasted a lot of time

I'm going to have to do a new low level run to get this damn thing, it's my last trophy
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#3finaleusPosted 1/4/2013 8:55:31 PM
Scanning definitely counts.
#4MidgardDragon99Posted 1/4/2013 9:00:00 PM
Yeah that's flat out wrong. Scanning results in a buttload of lines, there would barely even be enough for the trophy without it.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#5HoIlywoodPosted 1/4/2013 9:10:31 PM
He does the math in his guide and has counted 400+ lines outside of scanning

With the amount of scanning I've done in both play throughs, I believe it
---
#6KADFCPosted 1/4/2013 9:31:07 PM
I knew this will be brought up sooner or later, so I'm well prepared this argument. If I win this argument though, just prepare to be the witness and tell others about it. I don't want to be the one repeating myself since I'm not going to stay on this board forever. I'm going to bring a few points, if you can counter them, I can even bring even more. Just make sure you guys can explain why these points are flat out wrong... with proof and confirmation. I just want you guys to see my side. I even talk about this in my original guide topic, if you're interested.

1 - 260+ Wasn't enough. Some of you might recall this, but a player actually listed all the lines that Rise said. Scanning lines was also included. They reached like 260+ and they are wondering if the trophy was bugged. Later on they did get it, so some of the lines must not be included for the trophy to be triggered. As more proof of this, 2 others said the same thing. On top of that, I also experienced the same thing.

2 - JPN Wiki. SN might argue this and I did bring it too him. The JPN wiki stated that the scanning quotes, from that website, also indicated that the scanning quotes (without text) shouldn't count. SN indicated that it should count because he wouldn't have gotten without it. However, for everyone that said that these do count, have you actually, personally counted all Rise lines like I have plus few others? I reached 270+, with scan lines included, and I still didn't get the trophy. Without it though, eventually, I was at 251 before I got the trophy.

3 - The Line that Triggered the Trophy. An old topic asked, what line did you get when you triggered HRF. Did any of them include 'scanning'? No. I think this is the biggest one. I would love someone to claim "I got HRF after I scanned an enemy weak to Light, but I couldn't get their 2nd line. After 5 minutes, I finally got that weakness quote and I triggered HRF." If like really true, I just need one snap shot of it and that's all I need.

4 - Do you honestly think it makes sense that HRF will be triggered by scanning? It will pop out through L1 Shuffling? Does that even make sense?

I want to make one thing clear though. What does it mean why I say scanning? Those quotes that has NO TEXT when you look at enemies' elemental affinities. However, that doesn't mean that's the same thing when you enter the battle for the first time; those count. They actually appear in full text. The are NOT the same thing as the ones that you get from scanning. Even the words used are different. I put them into a separate category. They are limited to one per battle though, so you might need to enter more battles in order to get the 2nd quote. Thus, I agree with the concept that it should only count when text is being stated at the very top of the screen.

As for it not exceeding 350+ lines or not, read my original topic. If you guys can prove those lines don't exist, then yeah, I'm wrong. However, if I do manage to get those lines though; which will take a long time, but I know where to look for, then you're argument is nulled. I'm not stating that on a whim, but on what others have said (more than 5 topics of this stuff). Search around.

I have 2 more points, but I rather save that for later. Tell me why the 4 that I stated so far are wrong. For now, I'm going to leave those lines in there, the scanning + by the ear lines. I don't know if I want to fill them out. I did collect it, but I thought it would be a shame to delete them. I spent like over an hour collecting it for god sakes.
#7HoIlywoodPosted 1/4/2013 9:37:12 PM
KADFC do you think I could do a run without scanning ever to prove you right? I need to do a third run for this trophy and maybe I should follow your guide without using the L1 trigger

Only,downside to trying that is that sometimes when you Circle out of a scan a line of text she says does pop out sometimes
---
#8KADFCPosted 1/4/2013 9:44:17 PM
HoIlywood posted...
KADFC do you think I could do a run without scanning ever to prove you right? I need to do a third run for this trophy and maybe I should follow your guide without using the L1 trigger

Only,downside to trying that is that sometimes when you Circle out of a scan a line of text she says does pop out sometimes

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not saying that L1 shuffling is useless. They are useful for getting ailment/stat down lines. Besides, those lines like "There are one enemy left" after L1 Shuffling, count. If you can try, that would be awesome, but you're really only limiting yourself. More ally/MC turns will be needed if your members decide to heal it for you (wake-up, Recover Ally)

Which one do you want more, proving me right or HRF trophy? I would with go with HRF trophy, but I already have it, so I have no right to say.
#9HoIlywoodPosted 1/4/2013 9:51:38 PM
KADFC posted...
HoIlywood posted...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not saying that L1 shuffling is useless. They are useful for getting ailment/stat down lines. Besides, those lines like "There are one enemy left" after L1 Shuffling, count. If you can try, that would be awesome, but you're really only limiting yourself. More ally/MC turns will be needed if your members decide to heal it for you (wake-up, Recover Ally)

Which one do you want more, proving me right or HRF trophy? I would with go with HRF trophy, but I already have it, so I have no right to say.

Well since I have the maxed all s links trophy I was going to take your advice and not do any party s links(except maybe some of Rise's if that'd help me get more lines?) like it says in your guide
---
#10KADFCPosted 1/4/2013 10:02:03 PM
HoIlywood posted...
Well since I have the maxed all s links trophy I was going to take your advice and not do any party s links(except maybe some of Rise's if that'd help me get more lines?) like it says in your guide

I guess that's fine then. I would say that's pretty extreme, but since max slink isn't on your mind, that should be okay. Know that this process is only for ailments though. The biggest one helped would be 2nd Dizzy and Fear Escape lines.