Uh... KADFC... This... THIS CANT BE RIGHT!

#21ar2coolPosted 1/5/2013 10:24:30 AM
BTW Kad, there`s a typo in your HRF walkthrough, in the part where you explain NG+ settings, you say:
| Damage taken Small |
| EXP given Great |
| EXP won Less |
Should probably fix that.
---
PSN: RequiemDeath6
#22KADFCPosted 1/5/2013 10:45:01 AM
Kazuhira07 posted...
I don't know how I got the trophy if scan lines don't count.. since I missed 70% of unique boss lines. But.. I've never heard of anyone unlocking the trophy while scanning. So there you have it.

A bunch of the lines come naturally, as long as you stay underleveled and alternate party members, it makes everything much easier.

Unique boss lines don't take up a lot. Good to have, but to rely on them is quite silly
Agree with under leveled and use everyone

Xerain posted...
I just the got Rise and might as well ask, should I have gone for some of her voice clips before getting weakness scan?

Should have, but it shouldn't really matter. You can still get those, but it depends on who you haven't scanned.

MidgardDragon99 posted...
All I know is I am one of the few who seemed to never ever have any trouble out of the HCR trophy. Pretty much the majority of what I did was basic gameplay, including going back to dungeons for extra bosses and quests, and scanning every enemy. It popped in Heaven at some point when I wasn't even looking. Considering how much effort some people are putting into getting all those lines there's just no way I could have gotten it without scanning counting because I never even tried.

You're including into the mix everything that you've done. However, is all of that really needed? Effort into scanning? My last 2 points can counter that, but since no one has said anything about my previous 4, I'm not going to keep going. It will be a waste of effort on my behalf. So with that in mind, that's not a great deal of effort if you know the shortcuts.

impossible2beat posted...
this really sucks because on here and other forums there are a bunch of people who say scanning absolutley counts, and there are people here who say it absolutley doesnt count. I have a list of 173 lines before naoto, and am going to try and get it at heaven, so I guess soon ill know for myself. It really bumms me out that those lines dont count, so much work and half of it could be for nothing, (only half cause I have seen a crap load of the lines on the screen)

In my FAQ, I can say that scan lines count, but the fact is, I'll be lying. I rather not do that in order to inflict misery onto others. There's no harm done, since you can still get HRF, but it would be a waste of time that I hope people will stop doing; for their own sake. Would you rather take the direct route or the indirect route for HRF? If you prefer the indirect route, then call me a liar and keep scanning. It's your game.

Beast_Legacy posted...
...we're all levels 24-28 so far from just escaping and setting xp to Low, so throughout the game all enemies have been more powerful than my team. Is it safe to now switch up to Naoto, Kanji and Teddie, go through every past dungeon to beat the optional bosses with that team and level up my MC? Doing story stuff with Team A and optional bosses with Team B

Also I just want a little clarification on your guide KADFC. If a person were to power through the game and be overleveled the whole time, have Rise's Slink at 2 immediately (missing out on the Slink 1 lines) you theorize that they can STILL get the trophy (it'll just take more effort)?

That works, but I'm not getting the part where you said optional bosses with Team B. Is that just limited to bosses because using it only for bosses won't get all their lines. You'd probably need to do specifics

As for powerleveling, in theory, that is possible for HRF.
#23Beast_LegacyPosted 1/5/2013 11:33:18 AM
KADFC posted...

That works, but I'm not getting the part where you said optional bosses with Team B. Is that just limited to bosses because using it only for bosses won't get all their lines. You'd probably need to do specifics

Basically I've gone through the whole NG+ so far setting xp to low with a level 20-28 party of MC, Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko. I have not gone back to any previous dungeons to do any of the optional bosses at all. I just got Naoto as a party member (right after the True Story band cinematic) and plan to use Naoto, Kanji and Teddie (Team B) to go through all the optional dungeon revisits and their bosses (the King in Yukiko's castle, etc). After doing that, I'll be using Team A to fight Heaven, M.Inaba/M.Mandala and Hollow Forest for their first runs then Team B to fight through Heaven and M.Inaba/M.Mandala for their second runs. Is that a good plan and should I set experience back to normal or still set it to low (I have the infinite retries option and powerful Personas from the previous playthrough so actually defeating things isn't an issue) because

1) I presumably still need most of the lines where enemies are the same level and lower level as me,
2) Your theory about how overleveling doesn't matter, but just makes the trophy more time consuming to get, and
3) The lines dealing with enemies being lower/same/higher level than you only apply to the MC's level and nothing to do with who is in your party and what level they are right?

Since I've gone through all of the game so far as an underleveled MC/party, my main concern is it safe to start actually leveling up my MC as while in theory I could still get it even if I magically leveled to 99 right now, it's easier to get the higher/same level enemy lines to add to the theoretical 400+ count.

Also wanna say thanks for your main story guide. Got all trophies except HRF and of course fusing InO and Marg battle in playthrough 1 no problem. I even (stupidly) chose Daisuke for my Strength (I'd seen Kou's on the PS2 and wanted something new) and in doing so screwed my Sun, Moon and Temper links too but your guide was easy to follow and use to fix my mistake and get all Slinks maxed and books read in playthrough 1.
#24HoIlywoodPosted 1/5/2013 11:41:09 AM
Beast_Legacy posted...
KADFC posted...

Basically I've gone through the whole NG+ so far setting xp to low with a level 20-28 party of MC, Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko. I have not gone back to any previous dungeons to do any of the optional bosses at all. I just got Naoto as a party member (right after the True Story band cinematic) and plan to use Naoto, Kanji and Teddie (Team B) to go through all the optional dungeon revisits and their bosses (the King in Yukiko's castle, etc). After doing that, I'll be using Team A to fight Heaven, M.Inaba/M.Mandala and Hollow Forest for their first runs then Team B to fight through Heaven and M.Inaba/M.Mandala for their second runs. Is that a good plan and should I set experience back to normal or still set it to low (I have the infinite retries option and powerful Personas from the previous playthrough so actually defeating things isn't an issue) because

1) I presumably still need most of the lines where enemies are the same level and lower level as me,
2) Your theory about how overleveling doesn't matter, but just makes the trophy more time consuming to get, and
3) The lines dealing with enemies being lower/same/higher level than you only apply to the MC's level and nothing to do with who is in your party and what level they are right?

Since I've gone through all of the game so far as an underleveled MC/party, my main concern is it safe to start actually leveling up my MC as while in theory I could still get it even if I magically leveled to 99 right now, it's easier to get the higher/same level enemy lines to add to the theoretical 400+ count.

Also wanna say thanks for your main story guide. Got all trophies except HRF and of course fusing InO and Marg battle in playthrough 1 no problem. I even (stupidly) chose Daisuke for my Strength (I'd seen Kou's on the PS2 and wanted something new) and in doing so screwed my Sun, Moon and Temper links too but your guide was easy to follow and use to fix my mistake and get all Slinks maxed and books read in playthrough 1.

wait how does picking Daisuke mess up those links?
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#25Beast_LegacyPosted 1/5/2013 11:44:29 AM
HoIlywood posted...

wait how does picking Daisuke mess up those links?

I just didn't have the proper answers for his Slink so I didn't level up at times when I should, thus costing me days to make up and juggle other Slinks with to get Strength up to speed. But it wasn't by much (2-3 levels each at most) and I was able to fix them all by the end and get all Slinks maxed.
#26KADFCPosted 1/5/2013 3:52:49 PM
Beast_Legacy posted...

That's a little bit too much information and I don't really know what you're trying to imply. I do want to comment on a few things though. Keeping a low level party, in terms of HRF, is only needed for a few dozen level based lines (battle starters). Once you get at least half of those, by going into battles with high level enemies, that's it. You can train as much as you want, but not constantly fight the same enemies. However, if you know what you're looking for, that's a different issues. The main problem is that due to quest items, people get overleveled unknowingly.

As for your battle setup, that's pretty much what I did because I wanted a challenge. Regardless of that, keep a low level for the rest of the game is optional. I just suggest people keep a low level before getting Rise. Keep everyone at upper 60s is okay, as long as you know what you're doing. Once it's like the upper 70s thoughs... that depends.

Once you have all those low level lines, EXP rate is up to you. Getting from level 25 to 99 look me less than an hours with the difficulty customizer and EXP armor
#27Beast_LegacyPosted 1/5/2013 4:37:28 PM
KADFC posted...

Once you have all those low level lines, EXP rate is up to you. Getting from level 25 to 99 look me less than an hours with the difficulty customizer and EXP armor

Yeah, that's all I'm concerned about are the absolutely missable lines. I already missed all the Rise Slink 1 lines (she's at 2) but if you're saying the "same/higher level than the enemy" lines aren't that much then I'll just play normally now and keep Rise at Slink 2 while switching up party members.
#28KADFCPosted 1/5/2013 5:02:59 PM
I can't really say those are missable, but you need to look for a certain set of enemies among many and hope that those lines pop out. If your level is too high though, it will be skipped.
#29KADFCPosted 1/6/2013 10:29:34 PM
Hmm, is it safe to say that I won this argument? If so, I'm going to let to this topic die out now.
#30Beast_LegacyPosted 1/7/2013 10:08:20 AM
KADFC posted...
Hmm, is it safe to say that I won this argument? If so, I'm going to let to this topic die out now.

I am 100% sure you're right now, as I JUST unlocked HRF! Thank you so much for your FAQ and other helpful tips. I unlocked it while in Marie's dungeon when one of the Execution Sword enemies Debilitated Teddie and I L-button shuffled to get the 3 lines from that. It unlocked as soon as she started saying Teddie's defense was lowered, so while I guess I can't really say if hard scanning counts, chalk another trophy unlock to an ACTUAL visual of Rise's scan in the upper left corner and not just a regular L-button scan.