Why do people not like Naoto?

#21FScellPosted 1/5/2013 1:32:49 PM
Strain42 posted...
FScell posted...
To save time I feel that almost everyone one of Naoto's scenes should just be prefaced with:

Did you get all that?
Yes
No

Make it like Zelda with the Owl so that No is the top option and she starts talking again.

God dammit.

I'd fall for that every time too.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#22SmashStrikePosted 1/5/2013 2:44:54 PM
Quite frankly I'm shocked this hasn't been mentioned yet but Naoto is by far one of the most popular characters in this game. She roflstomps literally everyone except Yu and sometimes Yosuke. So please don't think she's an under appreciated character.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#23Strain42Posted 1/5/2013 2:48:00 PM
That is true, Naoto is often in the top 3 when it comes to favorite character polls.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#24HikariAruuPosted 1/5/2013 2:54:11 PM(edited)
SmashStrike posted...
Quite frankly I'm shocked this hasn't been mentioned yet but Naoto is by far one of the most popular characters in this game. She roflstomps literally everyone except Yu and sometimes Yosuke. So please don't think she's an under appreciated character.

I think that's another reason why people don't take to her. Naoto is a very popular character, take a look at any of the polls on here; if she's an option, she'll win by a landslide. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it does get tedious. I know I was put off Naoto before I even got to her in the game because of some of the fans going on and on how amazing she is.

Needless to say, I was disappointed when I finally got her. Naoto is boring, she's not that special in battle, and they could have done so much more with her. Like others had said, she's basically an exposition fairy.

What's more annoying is that she could have been amazing had her VA been talented enough to actually sound like a male. I thought the fact that she was really a girl could have been an amazing twist, but no, the VA sounded painfully like a girl from the moment she speaks. So when it comes to her dungeon, it's just all 'really? Oh I totally did not know that.'

I'll admit, Naoto during the skiing trip in Golden actually made me like her somewhat. She was adorable, and a lot of personality finally began to show through. Unfortunately that's all she really gets.
---
"Wings symbolize freedom for those who have none."
#25The_LimitPosted 1/5/2013 2:55:36 PM
Hiroshida posted...
The_Limit posted...
Her hair is too short for my tastes, we'll talk when she's 17.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120614070927/megamitensei/images/4/40/PxD_Cover.jpg

That's what I was hinting at, lol.
---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me!) - 4ever Playing: Persona 4 Golden
Yukiko... She's My Everything... http://anime.ap.teacup.com/jump-333-2/timg/middle_1348179017.jpg
#26blitz_0623Posted 1/5/2013 3:22:34 PM(edited)
Why did I read the post as "I had her in my pants"

And not sure why you're asking this. More than 50% of the posters here are in love with Naoto
#27WiiFan77Posted 1/5/2013 3:50:38 PM
Naoto and Kanji are my favorite characters, but no matter what, I can't understand anyone who thinks she has any value as a party member.
---
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.