What weapon you want P5 MC use instead of a cliche sword?

#11VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/6/2013 11:32:59 AM
returnal posted...
I like P3/FES MC being able to use most weapons. Wild Card, y'all.

In P3P, the Persona 3 manga, and probably the movies he only uses swords.
#12pillerofautumnPosted 1/6/2013 11:33:45 AM
What is this, a WRPG? You'll use a sword and you'll like it.
#13returnalPosted 1/6/2013 11:33:48 AM
Which is why I didn't say P3P :]
#14pwivitabox360icPosted 1/6/2013 11:33:49 AM
CaptainSackboy posted...
OMG I AM SO SICK OF RPG MAIN CHARACTERS THAT USE SWORDS!

Give me a protagonist who uses his/her fists, a lance, naginata (super cool), axes, hammers, or even bows and arrows. ANYTHING but another cliche sword wielding hero!

FeMC used a Naginata, Dude from Fire Emblem 8 not remembering his name used a lance, Robin Hood uses a bow and arrow, If you pick Dwarf in Baldurs gate Im sure your either gonna use a Hammer or axe, also fists are implied because when a sword is held a fist forms around the hilt. See you already had what your heart desired you where just blinded by the fog. I want an MC who uses a giant d**do and a bottle of lube on his foes.
#15CaptainSackboyPosted 1/6/2013 11:35:04 AM
returnal posted...
CaptainSackboy posted...
naginata (super cool)

P3P's FeMC uses naginata.

I know, that's one of the things that I liked about her. She can also use hockey sticks.

Still, give me a main character that uses any weapon besides a sword! Fists would be my prime choice.
#16VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/6/2013 11:38:50 AM
Maya using dual pistols in Persona 2 Eternal Punishment was hella awesome. :)
#17CrisisOfFatePosted 1/6/2013 11:39:19 AM
Kuxal posted...
Scythe

This so much!!!
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#18Chagen46Posted 1/6/2013 11:44:22 AM
Kuxal posted...
Scythe

Scythes are horrendously terrible weapons in real life--due to the blade curving inward, they tend to miss A LOT. The only real way to ensure hitting with a Scythe is to widely swing in so that it slices on the inside when you bring it back in. However, actually doing this is terrible for your balance. In addition, if the scythe gets stuck in the enemy, you basically can't get it out without applying enough force to brutally bisect the enemy.

Bottom line, Sycthes look cool but are awful weapons in reality. They were built for farming, not fighting.
#19FScellPosted 1/6/2013 11:45:39 AM
I'd really prefer if they'd only use personae to attack. It's seems preferable to suddenly being proficient with misc. weaponry. Presentationally it could function very similar to Blue Dragon.

Cuts out the overuse of summoning animations too.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#20Chagen46Posted 1/6/2013 11:48:45 AM
FScell posted...
I'd really prefer if they'd only use personae to attack. It's seems preferable to suddenly being proficient with misc. weaponry. Presentationally it could function very similar to Blue Dragon.

Cuts out the overuse of summoning animations too.

They shorten the summoning animations if you get One More and I like the summons >_>

Also, what's wrong with using weapons? The TV world probably increases your skill with them, after all.