What weapon you want P5 MC use instead of a cliche sword?

#111thinkingofwarPosted 1/6/2013 9:07:01 PM
A torque wrench. And other tools. Make him an assembly technician at a factory.
---
I am actually everyone in this topic. I have a lot of personalities that I call upon at will. - holyknight14
#112zhaoyun99Posted 1/6/2013 9:15:49 PM
thinkingofwar posted...

Ling Tong's Joke weapon satisfied that idea. Instead of a nunchaku, he got DOUBLE WRENCH.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#113RinkuTanukiPosted 1/6/2013 9:21:25 PM
Fists. The great thing about Tales of Eternia is that you get a fist user almost instantly, Farah, AND shes a female. Rare as all hell in games. The only other female fist users I can think of off the top of my head that aren't player-created are Ilia in Star Ocean1 and Mirage in Star Ocean 3, but shes real late in the game sadly.

I've always been fond of fists in games, especially those with magic/large weaponry/guns; to become a martial artist in a universe with destructive magic and giant swords just seems badass and hilarious.

...Tifa?
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse
#114MinamoPosted 1/6/2013 9:21:47 PM
thinkingofwar posted...

Not exactly a torque wrench, nor a JRPG, but this might interest you:
http://konjak.org/index.php?folder=4&file=30
#115zhaoyun99Posted 1/6/2013 9:22:53 PM
Minamo posted...
Fists. The great thing about Tales of Eternia is that you get a fist user almost instantly, Farah, AND shes a female. Rare as all hell in games. The only other female fist users I can think of off the top of my head that aren't player-created are Ilia in Star Ocean1 and Mirage in Star Ocean 3, but shes real late in the game sadly.

I've always been fond of fists in games, especially those with magic/large weaponry/guns; to become a martial artist in a universe with destructive magic and giant swords just seems badass and hilarious.

You forgot the JUGGERNAUT OF THE TOP 3 IN SO3, You should have heard PEPPITA and her OMFG owned eveything like Cliff and Maria right?
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#116MogMoogle1Posted 1/6/2013 9:26:41 PM
I think a weapon that would be best used that isn't a sword should be a handle, made of any sort of material with a grip that has a long, flat, and sharpened piece that is made of some mineral of sorts, maybe bronze, iron, steel, etc. attached to one end of that handle. This weapon would be used effectively with a swing either vertically, horizontally, or at an angle. It can, if the user decides to, be used to thrust and pierce through its victims.

I think this new weapon would be a better replacement to the cliched sword that every MC seems to be using.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#117thinkingofwarPosted 1/6/2013 9:38:03 PM
MogMoogle1 posted...
I think a weapon that would be best used that isn't a sword should be a handle, made of any sort of material with a grip that has a long, flat, and sharpened piece that is made of some mineral of sorts, maybe bronze, iron, steel, etc. attached to one end of that handle. This weapon would be used effectively with a swing either vertically, horizontally, or at an angle. It can, if the user decides to, be used to thrust and pierce through its victims.

I think this new weapon would be a better replacement to the cliched sword that every MC seems to be using.

You're on to something. Now it just needs a name.
---
I am actually everyone in this topic. I have a lot of personalities that I call upon at will. - holyknight14
#118synthetiksinPosted 1/6/2013 9:42:53 PM
Tonfas
Nunchaku

ala Ninja Gaiden style.

I'd also like a sexy female kusari gama user. Weapon upgrades would include spiked ball ends with deadlier looking sickles.
#119murdochAVPosted 1/6/2013 9:52:36 PM
He should just command any number of the dozens of girls who inevitably fall in love with him to kill it for him.
#120grungolahPosted 1/6/2013 10:17:45 PM
Morning star.