What weapon you want P5 MC use instead of a cliche sword?

#151Bisected8Posted 1/9/2013 9:42:13 AM
Tluhdatsi posted...
Chain whip. Effective, looks cool, easy to conceal.

1 and 3 are wrong (whips are quite showy and impractical and any chain of reasonable length would be heavy, take up a fair amount of space and clink). 2 is a matter of opinion.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#152GeoMaggsPosted 1/9/2013 9:46:34 AM
Bat'leth
or
Hasta
---
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
#153TluhdatsiPosted 1/9/2013 10:25:30 AM
Bisected8 posted...
Tluhdatsi posted...
Chain whip. Effective, looks cool, easy to conceal.

1 and 3 are wrong (whips are quite showy and impractical and any chain of reasonable length would be heavy, take up a fair amount of space and clink). 2 is a matter of opinion.

Are we talking about the same thing? You seem to be talking about chains and whips, as opposed to a chain whip.
---
"We have a Constitution to protect us from the rule of 'most reasonable people'." -Butters (not the one from South Park)
#154cjjohnstonPosted 1/9/2013 10:47:28 AM
Two swords obviously
#155KartaiPosted 1/9/2013 11:04:15 AM
MC of Persona always uses a sword that's alright with me but I would of liked it if you can use Twin swords that would be fun
#156dethK10Posted 1/9/2013 11:09:04 AM
Maybe she (yes, it'll be a she) holds her keys between her fingers like Wolverine claws? Then punches shadows in the eyes and groin.
#157VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/9/2013 11:59:13 AM
dethK10 posted...
Maybe she (yes, it'll be a she) holds her keys between her fingers like Wolverine claws? Then punches shadows in the eyes and groin.

Hasn't the artwork shown so far been a guy? Don't get me wrong having a girl player character would be much different than most Megami Tensei games, but that probably won't be the case with Persona 5.
#158FScellPosted 1/9/2013 12:02:47 PM
VenusAdeptIsaac posted...
dethK10 posted...

Hasn't the artwork shown so far been a guy? Don't get me wrong having a girl player character would be much different than most Megami Tensei games, but that probably won't be the case with Persona 5.

There's been no artwork for P5 that I'm aware of.

But yeah, pretty much guaranteed to still be a guy. It's the bigger audience.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#159dethK10Posted 1/9/2013 1:00:08 PM
FScell posted...

Unless they allow for optional lesbian social links. Then it's across-the-board appeal.
#160VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/9/2013 1:15:44 PM
FScell posted...
VenusAdeptIsaac posted...
dethK10 posted...

There's been no artwork for P5 that I'm aware of.

Well maybe the stuff I saw wasn't official. :/ Also, the only Megami Tensei games with girl protagonists are Persona 2 Eternal Punishment and the PSP version of Persona 3 as far as I know. However according to the fanbase Innocent Sin is the "canon" Persona 2 and the male path is the "canon" of Persona 3.

However this is obviously the case since more guys play videogames than girls.

The protagonist using swords is also an RPG staple that has gone on for generations. Why make a change now all of a sudden?