So spoilers... Who is the main character's girlfriend(canon )?

#51synthetiksinPosted 1/8/2013 12:24:07 AM
pandacakez posted...
First, Yosuke liking Chie when he wants in a dead girl's pants for the majority of the game...what
Then you're saying Kanji liking Naoto stops her from being a potential girlfriend... lawl
The last is your opinion really (which I don't mind), and you still didn't bring up any good reason for Yukiko.

Yosuke's "close and personal" plan? Yeah, he's so doing it for that one dead chick. Oh and all of the other times he's tried to get some girls to hang out with him, pretty damn sure she was in his mind, too.

Kanji liking Naoto means nothing sure, but it's already been set up to involve them in a enigmatic relationship. Play P4A and read Naoto's adventures. Although very little, Kanji has more involvement with her than Yu does, even canonically. Yeah, facts are lawl right?

The reason why Yukiko is the best candidate during the first game is because there wasn't a clear cut winner but she was being paired up with Yu in the game to make it seem like they were. Yukiko is the only one that shows interest in a real way without any actual player involvement. Her Slink also coincides with storyline stuff that actually are within the main storyline.

lrn2fanboycrazy****less
#52FScellPosted 1/8/2013 12:27:14 AM
Not seeing the other side fanboying so much.

However I do see you going out of your way to layout why your pick is like so obvious you guys.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#53pandacakezPosted 1/8/2013 12:33:19 AM(edited)
synthetiksin posted...
pandacakez posted...
First, Yosuke liking Chie when he wants in a dead girl's pants for the majority of the game...what
Then you're saying Kanji liking Naoto stops her from being a potential girlfriend... lawl
The last is your opinion really (which I don't mind), and you still didn't bring up any good reason for Yukiko.

Yosuke's "close and personal" plan? Yeah, he's so doing it for that one dead chick. Oh and all of the other times he's tried to get some girls to hang out with him, pretty damn sure she was in his mind, too.

Kanji liking Naoto means nothing sure, but it's already been set up to involve them in a enigmatic relationship. Play P4A and read Naoto's adventures. Although very little, Kanji has more involvement with her than Yu does, even canonically. Yeah, facts are lawl right?

The reason why Yukiko is the best candidate during the first game is because there wasn't a clear cut winner but she was being paired up with Yu in the game to make it seem like they were. Yukiko is the only one that shows interest in a real way without any actual player involvement. Her Slink also coincides with storyline stuff that actually are within the main storyline.

lrn2fanboycrazy****less

Dude, there's even an option to taunt him about Saki during that event. He remains emotionally attached atleast until the case is solved. Hell, he even refers to her in Arena. Being hormonal and liking girls =/= not still being even slightly emotionally invested in a former love interest, even if she is dead.

lol calm the sass. I was just saying. I haven't watched Naoto's route, but I can assure you that whatever she has with Kanji is nothing but pure shiptease in the end of the day. It suggests nothing of a future relation. They won't do it, simple as that.

Shows interest in the MC? In what particular scene? Yukiko doesn't act any more or less than Chie or Naoto (embarrassed/blushy) if you pick her in story event scenes. Compare this to Rise who has an active crush, and I find it hard to see this 'interest' you talk about.
#54Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/8/2013 12:36:03 AM
FScell posted...
If people stopped and though about it logically and without some crazy fanboy mentality. Yosuke likes Chie. Kanji likes Naoto. Rise is more of that weird girl that likes you but it isn't really the one.

If only people stopped and thought about it logically.

This whole thread with all the arguments for one girl being canon over the other is priceless. I can't believe people actually think there is anywhere close to a canon romantic relationship in P4.
#55_BTT_Posted 1/8/2013 12:39:26 AM(edited)
To be fair, outside of Rise, Yukiko is really the only one that shows any interest in the player normally, and I can see Rise coming off a little strong for some people. Even in Links (before intimacy mind) Yukiko comes off as more into the MC than the other girls (again outside Rise). And to be fair, she's always the first when it comes to the order in which girls text you for events if you have multiple girlfriends. Not that I agree with the fervor to which he's conversing the subject, and not that I agree, but I have to admit the guy/girl/other does make a point.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#56pandacakezPosted 1/8/2013 12:45:06 AM(edited)
During her slink, yes, it is very much hinted Yukiko developed an affection before the possible girlfriendship (is that a word)... but so does Chie, if you picked certain options like holding her hand or something - it's just not something I see as valid reason.

I do see the point with Yukiko though, I'm not denying that she (like the other girls) has something that could be used as evidence for her being the canon girl. The reasoning just isn't that strong enough for me to believe, so I questioned him.

& of course, in the end, she (like the other girls) were friendzoned anyways.
#57Omega_Zero_XPPosted 1/8/2013 12:43:40 AM
After reading this topic all I can think of is the line from Assassins Creed...

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Eh, I dont really care who is canon. But if I had to pick one, Id say Rise.

Whether or not Yu likes it.
---
"At least Mr. Salt finally got what he wanted.... Veruca went first." - Grandpa Joe, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
#58synthetiksinPosted 1/8/2013 12:46:05 AM
pandacakez posted...
Dude, there's even an option to taunt him about Saki during that event. He remains emotionally attached atleast until the case is solved. Hell, he even refers to her in Arena. Being hormonal and liking girls =/= not still being even slightly emotionally invested in a former love interest, even if she is dead.

lol calm the sass. I was just saying. I haven't watched Naoto's route, but I can assure you that whatever she has with Kanji is nothing but pure shiptease in the end of the day. It suggests nothing of a future relation. They won't do it, simple as that.

Shows interest in the MC? In what particular scene? Yukiko doesn't act any more or less than Chie or Naoto (embarrassed/blushy) if you pick her in story event scenes. Compare this to Rise who has an active crush, and I find it hard to see this 'interest' you talk about.

Storyline crap > player interaction. You can taunt as much as you want, it's not going to change his behavior. She's dead, Chie isn't.

Without player interaction, Kanji is still more involved than he is. Hell even when Yu chooses her to be the new year's eve date, Kanji curses Yu and her both.

Rise canonically in P4 and P4A says "I love you" TWICE without player interaction. She definitely wasn't THE girlfriend the first time, she wasn't THE girlfriend after the second either.
#59pandacakezPosted 1/8/2013 12:53:27 AM(edited)
Your attitude is kinda hilarious...? Didn't think you felt so strongly on the matter. I apologize my questioning...offended you? Heh.

It's better to leave you be; i've said my fair share and there's no reason to talk to death ears.

regardless, the answer to the topic is still the same no matter what you say. Yu + girls? Not canon.
#60synthetiksinPosted 1/8/2013 1:01:46 AM
pandacakez posted...
...what
... lawl

You weren't just questioning me, you were being a douche in the process. If you left those out I would have responded to you like an adult human being but you questioned me in a punk manner, so really, what did you expect?

I dislike Yukiko as much as the next person but seriously, there's no denying that the game put a spark in their relationship more than the others.