So spoilers... Who is the main character's girlfriend(canon )?

#81SetsunaChanPosted 1/8/2013 9:32:37 AM
RitaMordio posted...
In the canon, Yu Narukami does not complete the social links of any of the party members. Otherwise they'd have their evolved Personas in Arena..

Untrue in Arena Yosuke mentions about the "brawl" at the end of his social link. The reason for the use of the starter persona with the IT was more of a what was more iconic than cannon.
#82kratoscar2008Posted 1/8/2013 9:52:17 AM
FScell posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Just wondering.

Everyone you want just the fact that you can get all girls is proof.

People might argue with Arena but that merely was a design choice, you know how the fanbase would rage if he hooked with the girl you didnt choose.

All of them love him so all of them are canon.

You know what canon means, right? What actually counts. If he never had a relationship with any of the girls as implied in a canon game that occurs after the original, then no relationship can be considered canon. It can be fan fiction, but not canon. It can be "considered" real by you if you want, but that doesn't make it real.

Its not real its fiction, besides the Amala Universe in wich the megaten works everything you do is canon as the P4 story is told in many different worlds so if i made Ai my GF then thats Canon. Arena is just the story told from Yu point of view is not by any means the way things happen in the universe (And before you come bashing ATLUS stated that the Amala Universe is how the series work, you can make evrything you want canon)..

ATLUS said that Arena is canon but thats is only the story, wich who MC ends with, his name, and everything else is different in others universes.

The Amala Universe is an outrageously bad plot device, and a factory for awful fanfiction.

Anyway none of those other stories have "happened" and as such none of them are canon. Even if they are technically possible within the greater fiction.

ha ha ha so your opinion is greater than ATLUS? Ha ha ha ha it always amaze me how people act toward canon, All our games are canon DEAL WITH IT.

So YOU decide what is canon and what not? You made my day -_-
#83rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 10:16:44 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Just wondering.

People might argue with Arena but that merely was a design choice, you know how the fanbase would rage if he hooked with the girl you didnt choose.

You know what canon means, right? What actually counts. If he never had a relationship with any of the girls as implied in a canon game that occurs after the original, then no relationship can be considered canon. It can be fan fiction, but not canon. It can be "considered" real by you if you want, but that doesn't make it real.

Its not real its fiction, besides the Amala Universe in wich the megaten works everything you do is canon as the P4 story is told in many different worlds so if i made Ai my GF then thats Canon. Arena is just the story told from Yu point of view is not by any means the way things happen in the universe (And before you come bashing ATLUS stated that the Amala Universe is how the series work, you can make evrything you want canon)..

ATLUS said that Arena is canon but thats is only the story, wich who MC ends with, his name, and everything else is different in others universes.

So if I choose Naoto, it means I, the MC, is Naoto's bf then by canon...

Intriguing... So it's official... Naoto x MC lovers... :)
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3.(Now rank 25)
#84kratoscar2008Posted 1/8/2013 10:33:03 AM
rockman11_z posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Just wondering.

So if I choose Naoto, it means I, the MC, is Naoto's bf then by canon...

Intriguing... So it's official... Naoto x MC lovers... :)

The Amala Universe tells basically that for each game there are billions of other worlds that undergo the same events, in this case every single play a player do is basically Cannon. That means that my play and yours actually happen but in the end ATLUS will choose wich world they will base their stories. In this case they decided to use the timeline in wich the MC is Yu Narukami and thus lets say we wont ever see the continuation of our respective games.

Of course there will be guys like FCELL that will say that is not canon, stop deluding yourself, bla bla bla but dont mind him.

Any pairing you want with MC is oficial, as you have seen in this topic some desitions regarding Arena has more to be in aesthetics and marketing POV (Since most people know Yu Narukami from the anime they decided to use it). In this case not making a pairing in Arena gives room to allow your choice intact, of course people will say its canon he is in friend mode.
#85Dabrikishaw15Posted 1/8/2013 10:33:30 AM
No one. Yu friendzones everyone in Arena. There are fans who suspect X girl comes close but nothing confirmed. Marie isn't referenced at all within that game either, so I honestly doubt she'd be the exception either.

---
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
http://i.minus.com/ixGBrDD4hclHn.gif
#86FScellPosted 1/8/2013 10:35:38 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
ha ha ha so your opinion is greater than ATLUS? Ha ha ha ha it always amaze me how people act toward canon, All our games are canon DEAL WITH IT.

It helps to understand what canon means.

That many different variations of events are possible does not mean that all variations are canon. The Amala Universe concept is meaningless in this discussion. Most others for that matter.

What is canon is what has been shown or declared to have happened. Nothing more.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#87kratoscar2008Posted 1/8/2013 10:40:28 AM
FScell posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

It helps to understand what canon means.

That many different variations of events are possible does not mean that all variations are canon. The Amala Universe concept is meaningless in this discussion. Most others for that matter.

What is canon is what has been shown or declared to have happened. Nothing more.

And it has been shown that the Amala Universe concept is canon, so that allow everything we see in the game canon.

The only thing i can say is ATLUS POV is what will be used to keep the plot but by no means is set in stone, thats the beauty of SMT.
#88FScellPosted 1/8/2013 10:48:26 AM(edited)
And it has been shown that the Amala Universe concept is canon, so that allow everything we see in the game canon.

No, that isn't what that means. Many stories feature a Multiverse concept. It isn't new. But there is almost always a a "prime" universe, a focus for the story.

That focus is what's canon, it's the story that we see. The story that actually matters. Other variations, or potential variations, are irrelevant.

Furthermore the Amala Universe exists as an actual grounded concept in only a few games. Applying it to every single thing in the franchise is questionable at best.
---
#89kratoscar2008Posted 1/8/2013 11:09:03 AM
FScell posted...

No, that isn't what that means. Many stories feature a Multiverse concept. It isn't new. But there is almost always a a "prime" universe, a focus for the story.

That focus is what's canon, it's the story that we see. The story that actually matters. Other variations, or potential variations, are irrelevant.

Furthermore the Amala Universe exists as an actual grounded concept in only a few games. Applying it to every single thing in the franchise is questionable at best.

Again ATLUS went to the troubles of using this concept to establish their games universe unlike other games, anyway everything is canon.
#90FScellPosted 1/8/2013 11:14:25 AM
You don't really listen to anything at all, do you.

Fine, fine. Believe what you will.
---