Sadly, Pokemon might have a bigger fan base than Persona (Poll of the day)

#21HoIlywoodPosted 1/8/2013 12:14:27 AM
murdochAV posted...
What's creepier, an adult who likes pokemon, or an adult who likes a game where half your time is spent flirting with high schoolers?

Pokemon
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#22FScellPosted 1/8/2013 12:16:10 AM
KADFC posted...
I just can't find the reason why they shouldn't. They have the VA for it since the animation is still doing healthy, I think. Do they have a budget, is their sales going down? I don't think so.

Perhaps because they're still on the DS.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#23_BTT_Posted 1/8/2013 12:19:18 AM
KADFC posted...
I just can't find the reason why they shouldn't. They have the VA for it since the animation is still doing healthy, I think. Do they have a budget, is their sales going down? I don't think so.

Perhaps because they're still on the DS.

Except they've done some pretty darn good titles on the Gamecube that's aesthetically and graphically what the series should be on handhelds today (Read: 3DS, and even then the games refuse to move onto it), and even then couldn't be bothered to go even 2 of the whole nine yards. The series as a whole is not so much stuck in the past as it is firmly rooted and going to shriek like a siren if you dare to tug at it.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#24HoIlywoodPosted 1/8/2013 12:21:53 AM
I watched a gameplay video of black and white 2, it looks sooooo dumb

The only game I played before was on the GameCube, only played it for like an hour but man I would play one of those types on the Vita, but I'd never played that 1987 graphics crap they got on the DS
---
#25LinkofHyrule991Posted 1/8/2013 12:26:15 AM
HoIlywood posted...

The only game I played before was on the GameCube, only played it for like an hour but man I would play one of those types on the Vita, but I'd never played that 1987 graphics crap they got on the DS

wut
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#26HoIlywoodPosted 1/8/2013 12:28:32 AM
LinkofHyrule991 posted...
HoIlywood posted...

wut

Pokemon on the DS looks like it could be made in NINETEEN EIGHTY SEVENNNNNN
---
#27FScellPosted 1/8/2013 12:30:06 AM
HoIlywood posted...
LinkofHyrule991 posted...
HoIlywood posted...

wut

Pokemon on the DS looks like it could be made in NINETEEN EIGHTY SEVENNNNNN

God I wish. I would have grown up with even better games.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#28_BTT_Posted 1/8/2013 12:30:53 AM
HoIlywood posted...

wut

An exaggeration, but I can't really disagree with him. Even the new games just look dated, and that's without mentioning gameplay or story. But kids and fans will keep eating them up, so it's not like things will change.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#29Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/8/2013 12:49:15 AM
_BTT_ posted...
HoIlywood posted...

wut

An exaggeration, but I can't really disagree with him. Even the new games just look dated, and that's without mentioning gameplay or story. But kids and fans will keep eating them up, so it's not like things will change.

Pokemon hasn't changed much since the second generation. It was going pretty smoothly till then, as Gold and Silver added a lot of new mechanics and tweaks.

Then... they got lazy and began to money grub. Now, the fifth and 1/2 generation has changed little since then yet here we are, that's just how the world works (people hate change).
#30rabies_nekoPosted 1/8/2013 1:12:43 AM
_BTT_ posted...
HoIlywood posted...

wut

Pokemon hasn't changed much since the second generation. It was going pretty smoothly till then, as Gold and Silver added a lot of new mechanics and tweaks.

Then... they got lazy and began to money grub. Now, the fifth and 1/2 generation has changed little since then yet here we are, that's just how the world works (people hate change).

Have you actually played the new generations? There have been significant game play changes each generation along with new styles of battling. Mechanics has changed in each generation, not just battling but breeding (read: customisation) as well.

Saying that it has changed little is lying and shows that you are poorly informed. Now if you were to say that it changes relatively slowly in comparison to almost every other franchise, then yes, you may have a point.