Sadly, Pokemon might have a bigger fan base than Persona (Poll of the day)

#31Solid_PWPosted 1/8/2013 1:16:14 AM
I am really, REALLY interested in playing Pokemon B/W and Pokemon B2/W2 but I don't have a DS. I've played Diamond though, best Pokemon game for me.

But seriously TC, it's Pokemon.\.
---
"I don't believe in maaaagiiiiicccc." - Zhang Jiao, Dynasty Warriors 3
#32impossible2beatPosted 1/8/2013 1:17:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33LinkofHyrule991Posted 1/8/2013 1:18:14 AM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
_BTT_ posted...
HoIlywood posted...
I watched a gameplay video of black and white 2, it looks sooooo dumb

The only game I played before was on the GameCube, only played it for like an hour but man I would play one of those types on the Vita, but I'd never played that 1987 graphics crap they got on the DS

wut

An exaggeration, but I can't really disagree with him. Even the new games just look dated, and that's without mentioning gameplay or story. But kids and fans will keep eating them up, so it's not like things will change.

Pokemon hasn't changed much since the second generation. It was going pretty smoothly till then, as Gold and Silver added a lot of new mechanics and tweaks.

Then... they got lazy and began to money grub. Now, the fifth and 1/2 generation has changed little since then yet here we are, that's just how the world works (people hate change).

Saying it hasn't changed since gen 2 is laughable though I consider gen 4 to be a low point

Gen 2
held items
breeding and genders
Dark and Steel types
better bag interface
Special stat split into S.Atk and S.Def
Shinies
Time

Gen 3
abilities
natures
better box interface
overhauled EVs/IVs
Double Battles
weather
Battle Frontier

Gen 4
Wi-Fi
attacks split into Special/Physical

Gen 5
Triple/Rotation Battles
reusable TMs
animated battle sprites and full body back sprites
seasons
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#34impossible2beatPosted 1/8/2013 1:22:56 AM
LinkofHyrule991 posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
_BTT_ posted...
HoIlywood posted...

The only game I played before was on the GameCube, only played it for like an hour but man I would play one of those types on the Vita, but I'd never played that 1987 graphics crap they got on the DS

wut

An exaggeration, but I can't really disagree with him. Even the new games just look dated, and that's without mentioning gameplay or story. But kids and fans will keep eating them up, so it's not like things will change.

Pokemon hasn't changed much since the second generation. It was going pretty smoothly till then, as Gold and Silver added a lot of new mechanics and tweaks.

Then... they got lazy and began to money grub. Now, the fifth and 1/2 generation has changed little since then yet here we are, that's just how the world works (people hate change).

Saying it hasn't changed since gen 2 is laughable though I consider gen 4 to be a low point

Gen 2
held items
breeding and genders
Dark and Steel types
better bag interface
Special stat split into S.Atk and S.Def
Shinies
Time

Gen 3
abilities
natures
better box interface
overhauled EVs/IVs
Double Battles
weather
Battle Frontier

Gen 4
Wi-Fi
attacks split into Special/Physical

Gen 5
Triple/Rotation Battles
reusable TMs
animated battle sprites and full body back sprites
seasons

there are many things in there that are like menu changes, because tms are reusable is not an evolution, its fixing a crappy feature, that should have been fixed a long time ago. saying pokemon hasnt changed since gen 2, is an exageration, but so is saying pokemon is not the same shell of the very first game over and over and over again.
---
signature
#35Yuri_LowelIPosted 1/8/2013 2:17:56 AM
It goes to show how good persona and xenonblaw are. Kingdom hearts and Pokemon have 10x bigger fanbase.

Kingdom hearts has become small now though since there's no console game
---
Sent from my iPod touch 5G via PowerFAQs 1.10
#36SuperManlyGokuPosted 1/8/2013 2:22:03 AM
Xeno blade was awful, cliched from start to finish. The reason this game didn't get number one in the poll is because its m rated and the persona golden was on the vita.
---
Signature (there's always one guy)
#37Angeler88Posted 1/8/2013 2:24:12 AM
rabies_neko posted...
_BTT_ posted...
HoIlywood posted...

wut

Have you actually played the new generations? There have been significant game play changes each generation along with new styles of battling. Mechanics has changed in each generation, not just battling but breeding (read: customisation) as well.

Saying that it has changed little is lying and shows that you are poorly informed. Now if you were to say that it changes relatively slowly in comparison to almost every other franchise, then yes, you may have a point.

they're going backwards though. heartgold/soulsilver were arguably the best in the series but they took out so many of the functions when they made black/white. not to mention the online games that were in platinum
#38SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/8/2013 2:31:18 AM
murdochAV posted...
What's creepier, an adult who likes pokemon, or an adult who likes a game where half your time is spent flirting with high schoolers?

I want to say the people on this board are creepier, but I don't pay any attention to Pokemon, so they could be a thousand times worse for all I know.

LinkofHyrule991 posted...
HoIlywood posted...

wut

It's Hollywood, I don't even know why people continue to take everything he posts so seriously when he is obviously a gigantic troll.

SuperManlyGoku posted...
Xeno blade was awful, cliched from start to finish. The reason this game didn't get number one in the poll is because its m rated and the persona golden was on the vita.

The only reason this game is even as close as it is is because of the hype it got. Same reason for Xenoblade, quite frankly. And "cliche" does not automatically equate to "bad".
#39AugustDreamingPosted 1/8/2013 2:39:17 AM
I love both series, but I have a longer history with Pokemon.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#40Skull007o_OPosted 1/8/2013 2:48:16 AM
AugustDreaming posted...
I love both series, but I have a longer history with Pokemon.

But we're talking about 2012