Sadly, Pokemon might have a bigger fan base than Persona (Poll of the day)

#41Subro7Posted 1/8/2013 2:59:27 AM
Might? woooowwww
#42BruceWayneJrPosted 1/8/2013 3:06:53 AM
Subro7 posted...
Might? woooowwww

Lol, exactly. Pokemon is marketed towards kids, so of course their fanbase is bigger. That's not a bad thing in terms of Persona, though; whenever something gets super popular, it tends to start sucking. Be happy that they haven't whored out the franchise yet.
#43kewldude475Posted 1/8/2013 3:12:43 AM
I know I'm a bit late but, "might"?
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#44SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/8/2013 3:12:51 AM
BruceWayneJr posted...
Be happy that they haven't whored out the franchise yet.

Yep, they sure haven't "whored out" this game by having a bunch of character goods, an anime, a manga, that one Naoto light novel, a fighting game sequel (which also has its own manga, too)... Do I really need to go on?
#45AugustDreamingPosted 1/8/2013 3:13:54 AM
Skull007o_O posted...
But we're talking about 2012

So? Pokemon has been around for a long time you know. I only got into Persona about 2 years ago.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#46rabies_nekoPosted 1/8/2013 3:19:38 AM
BruceWayneJr posted...
Be happy that they haven't whored out the franchise yet.

Yep, they sure haven't "whored out" this game by having a bunch of character goods, an anime, a manga, that one Naoto light novel, a fighting game sequel (which also has its own manga, too)... Do I really need to go on?

wut?

Everything in Japan has character goods.
#47hyjinx17Posted 1/8/2013 3:48:55 AM
game with a niche target audience and a game with appeal from 6 to 60. How is it sad? it's just how the games were made.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#48AnclationPosted 1/8/2013 3:50:23 AM
Actually, Xenoblade looks like it might win, and certainly deserves to.
#49ATTACK__CATPosted 1/8/2013 3:55:08 AM(edited)
^ i like pokemon.

i dont like persona.

simple. i love alot of the other SMT games (DDS1/2 and nocturne are amazing). personas 'dating sim' thing on top of the other (in my OPINION) awful design choices.... like the persona system with the whole gun to head thing... just came across as lame to me.

persona always felt like it was aiming for the 'mature teenager' and was really thrusting that in my face.

reminds me of stuff like GANTZ... its not for kids... but its not for adults either.

pokeon is at least clear on its target audience and REASONABLY ambiguous. theres nothing to childish bar the style, but theres not exactly anything 'mature' either.

however pokemon has 10x better combat system etc. pokemon has alot of content as far as rpgs go because of the sheer number of pokemon all with unique types/movesets/stats.

SMT tends to be 'do it right and win easy or do it wrong and die horribly'

pokemon is similar depending on level... but how you build your pokemon, what movesets etc ASWELL as your opponents pokemon / their movesets all add alot of dynamics persona lacks.

TL:DR pokemon is more accessable, better combat / rpg system and better metagame. competative etc.

also i voted for dragons dogma. that game was awesome.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#50hyjinx17Posted 1/8/2013 4:46:13 AM
ok the gen 6 pokemon video looks amazing.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.