Sadly, Pokemon might have a bigger fan base than Persona (Poll of the day)

#51Nightmare637Posted 1/8/2013 4:55:44 AM
ATTACK__CAT posted...
^ i like pokemon.

i dont like persona.

simple. i love alot of the other SMT games (DDS1/2 and nocturne are amazing). personas 'dating sim' thing on top of the other (in my OPINION) awful design choices.... like the persona system with the whole gun to head thing... just came across as lame to me.

persona always felt like it was aiming for the 'mature teenager' and was really thrusting that in my face.

reminds me of stuff like GANTZ... its not for kids... but its not for adults either.

pokeon is at least clear on its target audience and REASONABLY ambiguous. theres nothing to childish bar the style, but theres not exactly anything 'mature' either.

however pokemon has 10x better combat system etc. pokemon has alot of content as far as rpgs go because of the sheer number of pokemon all with unique types/movesets/stats.

SMT tends to be 'do it right and win easy or do it wrong and die horribly'

pokemon is similar depending on level... but how you build your pokemon, what movesets etc ASWELL as your opponents pokemon / their movesets all add alot of dynamics persona lacks.

TL:DR pokemon is more accessable, better combat / rpg system and better metagame. competative etc.

also i voted for dragons dogma. that game was awesome.

when did you start coming to this board?

finally got tired of all the Ni no kuni topics on the PS3 board?
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#52ConMan8Posted 1/8/2013 5:12:41 AM
ATTACK__CAT posted...
^ i like pokemon.

i dont like persona.

Why are you even on this board? >___>
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
#53hyjinx17Posted 1/8/2013 5:37:36 AM
ConMan8 posted...
ATTACK__CAT posted...
^ i like pokemon.

i dont like persona.

probably saw it on the front page like I did. I feel like people forget that topics that get alot of responses quickly show up on the front page.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#54Skull007o_OPosted 1/8/2013 5:39:12 AM
Awesome timing, nintendo have announced Pokemon X and Y

More of the same...
#55Modest_ModsoulPosted 1/8/2013 5:54:45 AM
All the polls I've chose are in minorities.

I'm okay with it.
---
If you show me how to die... Then I'll show you how to live.
#56Nightmare637Posted 1/8/2013 5:56:02 AM
Skull007o_O posted...
Awesome timing, nintendo have announced Pokemon X and Y

More of the same...

I like the visuals.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#57Inertion5Posted 1/8/2013 6:14:19 AM
ConMan8 posted...
ATTACK__CAT posted...
^ i like pokemon.

i dont like persona.

I don't see a reason why wouldn't he.
I'm here and majority of people here annoy the **** out of me.
#58The_DjokerPosted 1/8/2013 6:38:25 AM
Xeno blade was awful, cliched from start to finish. The reason this game didn't get number one in the poll is because its m rated and the persona golden was on the vita.

M rating has nothing to do with it. Pokemon is more popular period. Also most of P4G's votes are from people who played P4 but not Golden. If this game came out on PS3/360 it would win this poll comfortably.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YjzIx.gif
#59Solid_PWPosted 1/8/2013 6:55:26 AM
Pokemon X and Y, ladies and gentlemen. And god, those (what I assume to be) new legendaries at the end doesn't even look legendary.
---
"I don't believe in maaaagiiiiicccc." - Zhang Jiao, Dynasty Warriors 3
#60GeassMasterPosted 1/8/2013 8:07:11 AM
murdochAV posted...
What's creepier, an adult who likes pokemon, or an adult who likes a game where half your time is spent flirting with high schoolers?

To be fair Pokemon is intended for children. I honestly find it creepy that a person would like anything beyond just casually playing Pokemon at an older age. I remember some 20 something dudes going to Pokemon tournaments when I was a kid, those people are creepy.

Persona is intended for people who are older, I don't think you should ignore that the games are intended for those who are smarter and more Mature than you average Pokemon player. Flirting with High Schoolers is your choice, since you can become friends with all of them and still get the same results.

As per TC's topic: No duh. Nintendo and Pokemon fanboys are the most vast of all the fan-bases. Hence why something stupid like NSMBU won the best action game here.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.