Boss save spots

#1colin_kernPosted 1/8/2013 10:38:28 AM
I played P4 on PS2, and just got to the end of the first dungeon on P4G. In the PS2 one, weren't there save spots before the bosses that would let you warp back to the entrance? I guess Goho-Ms are a lot more important on the Vita?
#2Boomerang78Posted 1/8/2013 10:40:21 AM
You can retry bosses and such.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#3Bisected8Posted 1/8/2013 10:42:23 AM
^ What he said.

If you die against a boss or on a given floor (apart from in the battle against shadow Yosuke, I think) you can restart it.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#4colin_kern(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 10:44:10 AM
When you retry, do you start with full SP, or the SP you had in your first attempt? I'd usually be pretty much out of SP by the time I got to the boss, and had no chance of beating it without trying again another day with full SP. It also makes it harder to grind since you have to use a Goho-M each time you want to go back to the velvet room.
#5GSSAGE7Posted 1/8/2013 10:44:41 AM
In Golden, you can re-enter a dungeon from the dungeon you exited on.
So if you used Traesto on the 6th floor, and heal with the fox, you can instantly return to floor 6.
#6Unimatrix Zero OnePosted 1/8/2013 10:57:04 AM
colin_kern posted...
When you retry, do you start with full SP, or the SP you had in your first attempt? I'd usually be pretty much out of SP by the time I got to the boss, and had no chance of beating it without trying again another day with full SP. It also makes it harder to grind since you have to use a Goho-M each time you want to go back to the velvet room.

When you 'retry' a floor on a wipe, you resume as if you just entered it, all battles, items, etc. never happened.

So just Goho-M or Return Daikon back to the entrance, fox-heal, save, go back, good to go.
---
One of the many fools who facepalmed after throwing a thief armed with a Magichanged Prinny.
#7__Pent__Posted 1/8/2013 11:36:32 AM
colin_kern posted...
When you retry, do you start with full SP, or the SP you had in your first attempt?

I misread this the first time, and it reminded me of some game I played where, when you died, you could retry, but your SP would be at the point it was at when you died, so you were kinda screwed anyways. I can't remember what game it was though, and now it's really bugging me; does anyone know what I'm talking about?
#8SpacePirateSealPosted 1/8/2013 12:16:25 PM
Boomerang78 posted...

Only if you play on the wimpy girly-man modes.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#9kuiper_pkmnPosted 1/8/2013 12:18:50 PM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
Boomerang78 posted...

For those not aware, the retry option is available on all difficulties except for Very Hard. Very Hard is just the regular Hard mode with the retry function removed, if my understanding is correct.
#10__Pent__Posted 1/9/2013 11:30:32 AM
kuiper_pkmn posted...
SpacePirateSeal posted...
Boomerang78 posted...

For those not aware, the retry option is available on all difficulties except for Very Hard. Very Hard is just the regular Hard mode with the retry function removed, if my understanding is correct.

You also win less money/EXP from battles on Very Hard,