About Minato and Narukami's power difference *massive spoilers*

#41VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/9/2013 3:16:09 PM
FScell posted...
It is weird that the Persona boards only seem to care about Persona protagonists.

So weird.

When does anyone on this board mention the protagonists in Persona 1 and 2? Why aren't they ever compared to anyone else? Why does Yu ALWAYS have to be in a competition against the protagonist in P3? I like both of them, but this argument being on every two pages of this forum is dumb! XD
#42ZeraylphPosted 1/9/2013 3:17:38 PM
VenusAdeptIsaac posted...
FScell posted...
It is weird that the Persona boards only seem to care about Persona protagonists.

So weird.

When does anyone on this board mention the protagonists in Persona 1 and 2? Why aren't they ever compared to anyone else? Why does Yu ALWAYS have to be in a competition against the protagonist in P3? I like both of them, but this argument being on every two pages of this forum is dumb! XD

lol maybe they know the P1/P2 protags will eat Yu for breakfest, lunch and dinner
#43Masemune_100(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:17:54 PM
FScell posted...

So weird.

I'm not really even arguing that though. I'm just saying Minato is more powerful because he had to deal with more powerful stuff, and that the Wild Card is OP as hell.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#44FScellPosted 1/9/2013 3:18:21 PM
FScell posted...

So weird.

Well the protagonist of Persona 1 doesn't need to be mentioned in any context ever. Tatsuya maintains inexplicable popularity though, at least with some.

But yes, this argument is dumb.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#45VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/9/2013 3:19:13 PM
Zeraylph posted...
FScell posted...

So weird.

lol maybe they know the P1/P2 protags will eat Yu for breakfest, lunch and dinner

I think it's just a case where most people didn't start playing Persona until 3 was released in America. That's probably why the main characters in Persona 1 and 2 never get talked about. :(
#46GSSAGE7Posted 1/9/2013 3:19:21 PM
This same old boring and tired argument that has been beaten to death, dragged through the mud, and fed to the dogs. People CONSTANTLY argue between the main characters of Persona 3 and Persona 4 for no real reason. COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that there are other Persona and Megami Tensei games besides Persona 3 and Persona 4.

While I can't speak for the other Megami Tensei games (not my fault they're hard to find), Personas 1 and 2 are too different in gameplay to be compared. At least 3 and 4 are similar enough to be compared.
#47FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/9/2013 3:21:27 PM
FScell posted...
Tatsuya's not going to be kicking anyones ass alone.

Tatsuya "Time stop into nuclear attacks/I defeated Nyarlathotep/I survived the creation of another universe" Suou disagrees.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#48FScellPosted 1/9/2013 3:22:37 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
This same old boring and tired argument that has been beaten to death, dragged through the mud, and fed to the dogs. People CONSTANTLY argue between the main characters of Persona 3 and Persona 4 for no real reason. COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that there are other Persona and Megami Tensei games besides Persona 3 and Persona 4.

While I can't speak for the other Megami Tensei games (not my fault they're hard to find), Personas 1 and 2 are too different in gameplay to be compared. At least 3 and 4 are similar enough to be compared.

Yeah, there's at least a point to begin comparing with these two.

The only thing you can do between P1/P2 and P3/P4 is hold a popularity contest or make up exaggerated storyline nonsense to try and figure out who'd win.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#49ZeraylphPosted 1/9/2013 3:22:51 PM
Zeraylph posted...
FScell posted...

So weird.

I think it's just a case where most people didn't start playing Persona until 3 was released in America. That's probably why the main characters in Persona 1 and 2 never get talked about. :(

That's pretty true,
I just started playing Persona this year. (never played before)
I've played other Megaten games before. But A friend recommended me to try out the persona series, starting with P3 FES, then P4 Golden.

Almost done with 2nd playthrough with Persona 2 IS. I really like 2nd game a lot more than 3rd and 4th. Hopefully Atlus will release EP for the PSN
#50GSSAGE7Posted 1/9/2013 3:23:15 PM
FireflyV_ONE posted...
FScell posted...
Tatsuya's not going to be kicking anyones ass alone.

Tatsuya "Time stop into nuclear attacks/I defeated Nyarlathotep/I survived the creation of another universe" Suou disagrees.

Didn't he get his memory wiped and cease to exist in the Eternal Sin timeline, where the newest Persona games take place?