About Minato and Narukami's power difference *massive spoilers*

#61FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/9/2013 3:36:11 PM
AdventShadow02 posted...
Isn't Tatsuya stronger than Minato and Yu? The games are far too different to compare but isn't nyarlathotep stronger than izanami and nyx?

Correct.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#62FScellPosted 1/9/2013 3:37:53 PM(edited)
FireflyV_ONE posted...
FScell posted...
Tatsuya existing through the reboot is evidence that he wasn't strong enough to make the sacrifice, by the way.

How bad that is might be open to interpretation, but it does cause a whole bunch of problems.

He still survived the end of a universe and the creation of another, though. And he fought Nyarlathotep.

What he survived, sort of, what basically Philemon hitting rewind on his VCR.

Isn't Tetsuya stronger than Minato and Yu? The games are far too different to compare but isn't nyarlathotep stronger than izanami and nyx?

Hard to say. There's no metric to judge them by. Alone I would say that Tatsuya's probably not a tremendous threat.

The entire P2 teams, however, would probably win in a fight with the other teams through sheer versatility.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#63AdventShadow02Posted 1/9/2013 3:36:32 PM
Isn't Tetsuya stronger than Minato and Yu? The games are far too different to compare but isn't nyarlathotep stronger than izanami and nyx?
#64Skull007o_OPosted 1/9/2013 3:37:13 PM
VenusAdeptIsaac posted...
This same old boring and tired argument that has been beaten to death, dragged through the mud, and fed to the dogs. People CONSTANTLY argue between the main characters of Persona 3 and Persona 4 for no real reason. COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that there are other Persona and Megami Tensei games besides Persona 3 and Persona 4.

So? your hatred towards those people is no different from the ignorance of those who haven't played other megaten games... just let them be. At first sight, you seem to have some sort of envy towards the popularity of P3/4... (I'm not trying to troll, I'm just saying what I feel when I read your post)
#65GSSAGE7Posted 1/9/2013 3:39:28 PM
AdventShadow02 posted...

I don't know if Nyarlathotep is stronger than Nyx, because they are both concepts (Humanity's Evil vs. Death), but Izanami is definitely the weakest.
That is why the other two were sealed, while Izanami was straight up killed.
#66FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/9/2013 3:40:41 PM
FScell posted...
What he survived, sort of, what basically Philemon hitting rewind on his VCR.

Considering how powerful Philemon is, this is no small feat.

Hard to say. There's no metric to judge them by. Alone I would say that Tatsuya's probably not a tremendous threat.

The entire P2 teams, however, would probably win in a fight with the other teams through sheer versatility.

Alone Tatsuya is more versatile, durable, and he can stop time. The entire P2 team beat Nyarlathotep, who dwarfs the other bosses in the series.
---
#67FScellPosted 1/9/2013 3:41:53 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
AdventShadow02 posted...

I don't know if Nyarlathotep is stronger than Nyx, because they are both concepts (Humanity's Evil vs. Death), but Izanami is definitely the weakest.
That is why the other two were sealed, while Izanami was straight up killed.

And Nyar was defeated, wheras the true Nyx was not even approachable by the team.
---
#68VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/9/2013 3:46:04 PM
Skull007o_O posted...
VenusAdeptIsaac posted...
This same old boring and tired argument that has been beaten to death, dragged through the mud, and fed to the dogs. People CONSTANTLY argue between the main characters of Persona 3 and Persona 4 for no real reason. COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that there are other Persona and Megami Tensei games besides Persona 3 and Persona 4.

So? your hatred towards those people is no different from the ignorance of those who haven't played other megaten games... just let them be. At first sight, you seem to have some sort of envy towards the popularity of P3/4... (I'm not trying to troll, I'm just saying what I feel when I read your post)

Noooooo. I have no problem with Persona 3 and 4's popularity. I'm just sick of seeing people fight about the main characters of those games when it merely comes down to personal preference. I love that P3 and 4 are the games that made SMT popular, but trying to prove that one protagonist is better than the other is pointless.

Overall, we are all fans here and I hope that I made my point! :)
#69FScellPosted 1/9/2013 3:46:37 PM
Considering how powerful Philemon is, this is no small feat.

The point is that it's not an accomplishment. The entire team survived that ordeal. The only thing Tatsuya did was remember.

Which is real bad.
---
#70FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/9/2013 3:48:42 PM
FScell posted...
And Nyar was defeated, wheras the true Nyx was not even approachable by the team.

This is more of a point for the P2 team's strength rather than Nyarlathotep's weakness. Nyarlathotep is the equal rival of the most powerful guy in the Persona universe. Nyarlathotep himself has casually warped reality and ended an entire universe. Nyx has nothing remotely comparable to that.
---