Best rpg battle system in your opinion?

#11thompsontalker7Posted 1/15/2013 7:30:53 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
Battle System right? FFXIII

Dawg....you're gonna make me cry

Anyway, Valkyria Chronicles 3
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#12FScellPosted 1/15/2013 7:31:11 PM
I'd rate FFXIIIs battle system really high up there, actually. It was a lot of fun to manage paradigms.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#13pwivitabox360ic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:32:00 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
Off the top of my head, Xenogears. For pretty much the same reasons as Legend of Legaia. And call me crazy but Parasite Eve had a great battle system.

Ah yeah I loved parasite eve. 1 much more so than two. However I had a weird ps1 back in the day that ran all my games at 100 Frames per Second. It would make dodging things in parasite eve quite tricky. In 2 it was near impossible to avoid getting hit by an enemies at least once.

Final Fantasy is banned don't like it make your own battle system topic. The reason it is banned other than my ponies life being on the line. Is that the battle systems are far too simple. Lets just say no one remembers FF7 for the epic boss battles(save ruby and emmy). As a matter of fact some final fantasy games suffered because of their battle systems.

Fine the following FF games are allowed to be mentioned
FF5
FF12(if you are into psuedo mmorpg fair)

Also to Hollywood remember man LoL came in a multi cd game case even though it was a 1 disc game because a standard game case could not handle the awesomeness that it is. The plastic would just shatter. I think they refuse to put it on Vita's PSN because it might make Vita's shatter upon loading past the games BIOS. That and they're being a crap ton of compatibility issued with the game on modern gaming systems. I doubt sony or contrail especially wants to take the time to iron them out.
---
Spread the Peace and Love..
#14TheExiled280Posted 1/15/2013 7:32:59 PM
FScell posted...
I'd rate FFXIIIs battle system really high up there, actually. It was a lot of fun to manage paradigms.

I agree 100%. I also loved how faced paced it was.
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Red Dead Redemption(PS3)
#15FScellPosted 1/15/2013 7:33:39 PM
Infinity Engine games had wonderful battle systems too, ones that I were consistently horrible at managing.
---
#16ArtiRockPosted 1/15/2013 7:36:05 PM
FScell posted...

You should try Final Fantasy X-2 instead. It is very similar to XIII... With far less restrictions, full party control, more jobs, and no silly leader = death mechanic.
---
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.
#17Skull007o_OPosted 1/15/2013 7:36:07 PM
pwivitabox360ic posted...
The_Limit posted...
Persona 4 Golden

Fair enough.... I felt it a bit too easy however even at the higher difficulties.
Also I feel there are not enough gimmicks. Just attack,magic,all out. However the simple battle system for me was saved by the personae themselves. Gives it a pokemonish feel. Don't get me wrong I liked the battle system just was a bit simple in my opinion. I also hate how later on MC just takes over and becomes cop,jury,judge.and executioner to all those poor shadows.

Turn-based battle systems are pseudo-challenging if you ask me... there's little skill required, and there's virtually no chance of winning if you face a monster way far leveled than you. The level of challenge consists on how much do you grind, and how much do you know about the mechanics. Master those two and the battles will become a lot easier
#18pwivitabox360ic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:37:19 PM
Also gonna post my honorable mentions to raise some awareness and maybe stir up some lost memories.

Honorable mentions of rpg's with kick a** battle systems in no particular order

Shadow Hearts
Tales of Symphonia
Xenosaga
Final Fantasy 5 (exception to the rule of FF battle systems being sub-par)
Thousand Arms
Valkyrie Profile (1+2)
---
Spread the Peace and Love..
#19FScellPosted 1/15/2013 7:37:38 PM
ArtiRock posted...
FScell posted...

You should try Final Fantasy X-2 instead. It is very similar to XIII... With far less restrictions, full party control, more jobs, and no silly leader = death mechanic.

Played em' all.

X-2s system was alright though, probably the only thing I did like out of that one.
---
#20SmashStrikePosted 1/15/2013 7:38:46 PM
Either Kingdom Hearts or FFXIII. SE knows how to make some good battle systems.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane