Yes or no, in Persona 5 you can change your sex AND look

#1GaboadoPosted 1/16/2013 5:10:20 AM
Male MC and Female MC and you can change hair style ( not a big fan of white and blue hair ), body ( ugly fat would be interesting... ) and more choice of clothes inside dungeons. ( add a Tommy Vercetti shirt and itīs an instant buy ). Of course anime cutscenes may suffer, but I donīt care about those in PS3 games.
#2DalekZeroPosted 1/16/2013 5:11:29 AM
Yeah. I would usually play the guy, but it would be nice to have the variety.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#3VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 1/16/2013 5:21:27 AM
The main characters in Persona games are always male (except in the alternate universes of P2 Eternal Punishment and P3P), and there is never character customization.

However I will vote yes since it would be nice. Still, there must also be voice customization so the looks of your character would match the voice. Social links should also be changed according to gender.
#4Bisected8Posted 1/16/2013 5:25:22 AM
No. While they're all silent protagonists, they're still characters in their own right (rather than completely blank slates) with a specific role in the plot. Customisation wouldn't be much more than a gimmick (a gimmick which'll lead to endless boring arguments over P5 MC's canon appearence).

Alt. costumes are fine by me.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#5Cutlass_JackPosted 1/16/2013 6:01:27 AM
More choice is a great thing. I hope they add more options.
#6BreyantPosted 1/16/2013 6:02:01 AM
Honestly I'd be shocked if P5 is announced and doesn't have a male and female MC.
#7Inertion5Posted 1/16/2013 6:27:02 AM
No. What's with you people? JRPGs barely have these options, why are you so persistent in making these games like Bioware games.
Gay options, female characters, can change looks. Just leave that to the west.
#8Crimson-hairedPosted 1/16/2013 6:36:19 AM
Absolutely not.
We should only change the mc look like hair, clothes, glasses, etc...
---
The official Adam of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#9kratoscar2008Posted 1/16/2013 7:00:15 AM
I would be okay as long as they have a set appereance like Shepard, you can make him anything you want but you still have a set appereance.

However JRPGs tend to be straightforward with the MC features.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#10deathsaber79Posted 1/16/2013 7:20:19 AM
Well, we don' t know anything about Persona 5 other than their working on it.

That said, not sure they would go there- Persona 4 had a deep 80-100 playthrough, which was nice.

They did that on P3P just to give people reason to buy it again, but that necessitated an entire new script to be written, other than the generic story elements where the main's sex didn't matter. If both sexes are offered up front in Persona 5 it might mean a much shorter playthrough, unless they took out the romance elements (highly unlikely, fans would revolt)

In the end, they want to please the main demographic, and probably 95% of these players are guys who want to pursue females in the game, so I'd expect the typical male lead.