Chie's voice.

#1rd_meriloPosted 1/19/2013 12:52:35 AM
I think Chie's P4 voice is much better.
That's my opinion. I know Erin Fitzgerald voiced her but somehow the tone
is not the same. I dont know please correct me.
#2Inertion5Posted 1/19/2013 12:54:44 AM
They both need work. Especially the second one. That's my opinion.
#3RasolisuPosted 1/19/2013 12:56:22 AM
Can I take the third option and go Yui Horie?
#4GalacticPBPosted 1/19/2013 12:56:33 AM
Can't correct you, that's your opinion. I vastly prefer Erin because she's energetic and closer to the Japanese (Not saying I prefer the Japanese cast). Her first voice sounded dull, uninterested, and gave off a feeling that made me not like Chie. Now she's tied for my favorite P4 girl thanks to Erin. Sooooo, it's a matter of opinion.
---
PSN: galacticprettybo Playing: P4A, RE6, and Disgaea 4
P4A Main:Yu Narukami Sub:Yosuke Hanamura BBCSE Main:Hazama Sub: Jin Kisaragi
#5greedling882Posted 1/19/2013 12:59:16 AM
Rasolisu posted...
Can I take the third option and go Yui Horie?

This
#6Rayearth87Posted 1/19/2013 1:01:32 AM
I prefer Chie's new voice by a huge margin. I wasn't too fond of Chie in the original P4, but after I spent like 30 minutes with the new Chie's voice, I grew comfortable with the new voice, and I found myself liking the character a lot more. It just feels like it fits more, to me. I'm sure there will always be people who prefer the old Chie and some that prefer the new Chie, but to me, it's an improvement.
#7Merc123Posted 1/19/2013 2:36:50 AM
I never liked Old Chie's voice and i prefer the new one much more. It was weird at first in Arena, but that game and part 1 of the animation got me used to it for Golden. I think it fits her personality much better than the old one did.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#8Tales_of_MasterPosted 1/19/2013 6:02:07 AM
Yeah I can't understand the people who likes the old Chie voice, it just didn't sound like Chie at all. A young, spunky, kung-fu movies enthusiast sounding like a 30 year old woman is not what I was expecting when I first saw Chie.

Erin actually gave Chie a voice that fits her personality, and save for the over the top delivery of some lines at the beginning of the game, I find Erin's Chie to be infinitely better than the old one. To me, it seems that Erin actually understood Chie's character and gave her an appropriate voice as a result, instead of using whatever voice she felt like using at the time
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV board
Waiting for: MGSR, DS: Soul Hackers, JJBA All-Star Battle, Tales of Hearts R, SMTIV, Ace Attorney 5.
#9furygodsPosted 1/19/2013 1:56:24 PM(edited)
I don't know why do people not like her new voice actress...

Her PS2 voice does not have the emotion that Chie was supposed to have had... (i.e. All Out Attack + Galactic Punt)

Her current voice brings all of her lines to life, since Chie is supposed to be someone that is energetic and in some cases loud. You can definitely feel "Chie" from her lines with her new voice while the old voice was abominable, like a zombie, emotionless, so not "Chie."

There are times where characters are supposed to be lifeless or emotionless, but Chie is not that character. How can a girl who likes Kung Fu movies and practice Martial Arts and love to eat Pudding and love Cross-dressing men have a emotionless voice?

In fact, most of her lines imply that she is not emotionless.

If you find her new voice annoying, that's fine. But do not say that her new voice does not fit Chie, cause her old voice does not fit Chie's personality.
---
School Days HQ: One of the best animated visual novels ever.
Shiny Days: Mediocre at best but Setsuna is adorable <3
#10Bancario51Posted 1/19/2013 1:56:22 PM
omg this topic again?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~