Can you shoot yourself in the head in this game?

#21CrimsonmistPosted 1/19/2013 9:50:08 AM
pillerofautumn posted...
Evokers were a horrible concept that acted as a weird edgy selling point prior to P3's release based on certain people who would not shut up about it. One can argue it fits the nippon-obsessed-my-chemical-romance-fanfiction themes of P3 but they were never necessary.

While crushing cards is weird it is still preferable to just having an odd aura surround you as in P1 and 2, or using a machine that looks like a gun as in P3 largely as the cards actually have a relation to game concepts given that since P1 Cards were always involved in persona creation/summoning/fusion/etc.

I remember the explanation to the Evoker being that Persona are triggered by the sense of fear, so pointing a gun at your head somehow evoke that reaction from the users, which let them summon their Persona's easier......kinda make sense to me.

Doesn't make sense to me. Considering after the first few times, you know that you're not actually going to get harmed by pointing a gun to your head and pulling the trigger. And fear enough should be the big shadow monster that wants to eat your face.

It makes even less sense with continued use assuming the average player summons a persona a couple hundred times or so.

I chalk up that explanation to be complete BS inserted to 3's exclusive terrible logic similar to how Trinity Soul attempted to feed a line on adults not being able to use Persona after a time or 4's logic on how Nanako despite her issues with having a dead mom and questioning if her dad loves her gets no shadow because "SHE IS TOO YOUNG!"
---
I might make this my sig...
#22terran3999999Posted 1/19/2013 10:26:24 AM
Ever heard of the term "overthinking it"? Why so angry?

The person obviously knows it won't hurt them but the Personae might not.

Nanako not having a Shadow isn't only because she was too young:
-she was very ill at that time
-she also wasn't in there alone
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#23The_LimitPosted 1/19/2013 10:29:41 AM
The topic title is hilarious, lol.
---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me!) - 4ever Playing: Persona 4 Golden
Yukiko... She's My Everything... http://anime.ap.teacup.com/jump-333-2/timg/middle_1348179017.jpg
#24metamaraPosted 1/19/2013 10:46:47 AM
Naoto can shoot you in the head

In arena.
#25HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 2:16:02 PM
megasoniczxx posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
Thank god they took that out. I always felt a bit silly watching my people putting a gun to their head and shooting themselves to summon a Persona. And the after batle poses... omg...

Not to mention, you won't have your younger siblings or nephews coming into the room and asking "why are these guys shooting themselves in the head".

game is rated M for a reason.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#26alex13111Posted 1/19/2013 2:16:35 PM
Hiroshida posted...
No. In this version they crush/kick/punch/steelchair the tarot cards instead

This. All of this. Hahahahha!
---
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Dark Souls, The World Ends With You (iOS+DS)
#27pillerofautumnPosted 1/19/2013 2:37:20 PM
megasoniczxx posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
Thank god they took that out. I always felt a bit silly watching my people putting a gun to their head and shooting themselves to summon a Persona. And the after batle poses... omg...

Not to mention, you won't have your younger siblings or nephews coming into the room and asking "why are these guys shooting themselves in the head".

game is rated M for a reason.

Think his point was that this was a bit more absurd than most things, over it being a mature thing to explain.