I was wondering, why was Adachi barfing at the start of the game? SPOILERS?

#11Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/19/2013 11:17:14 AM
Did anyone even investigate to make sure he vomited at all? He could have just easily made some noises to play along in his own little fantasy.

Not only that, but he probably suspected he'd have to silence Saki and that the only way to do so would be to get her alone using his badge. Both Mayumi and Saki were supposed to be under his protection/interrogation when they disappeared, something that would otherwise make him look suspicious.
#12SkybladeNoxPosted 1/19/2013 11:38:40 AM
Selling the lie. Shifting focus to how it CANT be him, because look how sickened he is. It's a common tactic used by the best liars.
#13BuchichuPosted 1/19/2013 12:22:12 PM
He was clearly putting on an act, the same one he was playing the whole game. The dumb, clumsy, slacking, abused woobie...it was a good act, too. Had me completely fooled. He broke my heart :(
---
The BEST Marvel reference tool on the web is: www.marveldatabase.com
#14greensocksPosted 1/20/2013 6:44:45 AM
He wasn't putting on the act. He was vomiting because he didn't know he killed Mayumi when he threw her in the TV. Adachi didn't intend to kill her at first. It was more like an accident that he quickly got a taste for. Furthermore, he isn't some sort of evil mastermind that is thinking months ahead. He got very lucky and seized the opportunities he was given. He admits to all of this before you enter Magatsu inaba
#15BuchichuPosted 1/20/2013 7:39:15 AM
The game stressed too much that he was acting up until the end. It was definitely part of the act. He has too little remorse in the end to have cared at that point that the woman he basically intended to rape was dead. Act.
---
#16NeonOctopusPosted 1/20/2013 7:42:23 AM
Adachi thought she just went somewhere else, and when he discovered that she was dead, he was like OH S***! and threw up >_>
---
http://i30.tinypic.com/qsv60z.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GvnlD.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2s10gfq.jpg http://imgur.com/lGhiS.gif
#17BuchichuPosted 1/20/2013 7:49:13 AM(edited)
And he was so disturbed by what he had done he went and immediately did it again? I don't think so. Act.

I know people want to cling on to this faith that he might be redeemed or something (I loved him too) but the guy was a sicko and probably a serial rapist. Bad man. Good actor.
---
#18terran3999999Posted 1/20/2013 9:22:22 AM
You mean how you cling to your faith about how he was evil since he was born.

Some of you seem to peg Adachi as Light Yagami, Dumbass isn't even that smart, the cards just played right into his hands and he decided to play them.
And if Adachi could really vomit on cue like that, thats some damn amazing acting skills, he should have been an actor instead.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#19BuchichuPosted 1/20/2013 9:33:35 AM
That's what I'm saying! He WAS a great actor. And it's not hard to make yourself vomit, not to mention I doubt anyone checked for barf evidence. And he's not light Light in that Light actually thought he was doing good and the power went to his head. Adachi was delusional, thinking he deserved these women to pay attention to him or be seduced by him and when they rejected him he assaulted them. That's some seriously twisted thinking and behaviour and I'm a little annoyed that anyone would think someone with that kind of personality isn't a "bad guy." Are we defending rapists and men who assault women now?

Sorry, but as soon as I saw that side of him he was a villain in my books plain and simple.
---
#20KlyernPosted 1/20/2013 9:45:29 AM(edited)
Do you remember what he said to her AFTER he threw her in the tv? he said "stay there for a while and lets see how your tone is later" or something like that.

He never entered the TV so he didnt know it was dangerous until he saw her dead, and then konishi, well yeah he DID kill her intentionally, or at least it seems that way, he probably thought "i gotta check that she doesnt know anything to protect myself", thats why he interrogated her when they were alone instead of outright/immediately throwing her in the TV when they were left alone... meaning he only had intention to kill her if she was dangerous to him (if she knew something), since she didnt cooperate and pissed him off, well she met her end lolz

Basically the idiot is a victim of his own passion LOL iow rage issues :P