I was wondering, why was Adachi barfing at the start of the game? SPOILERS?

#21Inertion5Posted 1/20/2013 10:49:39 AM
Buchichu posted...
That's what I'm saying! He WAS a great actor. And it's not hard to make yourself vomit, not to mention I doubt anyone checked for barf evidence. And he's not light Light in that Light actually thought he was doing good and the power went to his head. Adachi was delusional, thinking he deserved these women to pay attention to him or be seduced by him and when they rejected him he assaulted them. That's some seriously twisted thinking and behaviour and I'm a little annoyed that anyone would think someone with that kind of personality isn't a "bad guy." Are we defending rapists and men who assault women now?

Sorry, but as soon as I saw that side of him he was a villain in my books plain and simple.

The hell you talking about? No one's defending Adachi. You started reacting after someone said how he was surprised that she actually wound up dead. He threw her in the TV, didn't expect her to die, he saw the dead body, got surprised and threw up cause it's not a pretty sight. No one said he's not a bad guy, but just because he did kill her (not even on purpose the first time but he obviously didn't care what happens) doesn't mean he likes the sight.
Seeing what he could do he did those things again because he found it to be fun.
#22BuchichuPosted 1/20/2013 11:05:06 AM
And I'm saying he proves himself to not be the kind of person who would give two craps about a dead body whether he's responsible or not. Him sincerely puking is not consistent with the personality the game makes clear he has. HE WAS ACTING. Playing the role of a squeamish cop when in fact he's anything but.

Dojima even says "How long are you going to ACT like a rookie?" That's called forshadowing. It's a pretty simple concept.
---
The BEST Marvel reference tool on the web is: www.marveldatabase.com
#23Inertion5Posted 1/20/2013 11:09:46 AM
Buchichu posted...
Him sincerely puking is not consistent with the personality the game makes clear he has.

Basically you're saying he can't be caught off guard? It's impossible that he was puking cause he felt disgusted?
We all agree Adachi is an actor, if he wasn't we'd have our killer sooner in the game. But just because he puked after seeing a nasty sight doesn't mean that's an act too. It could be the first dead body he saw for all we know. If he's walking down the street and accidentally slips and falls on his butt doesn't mean that was an act too.

And just because Dojima said "stop acting like a rookie" doesn't mean s*** lol
It's an expression.
#24BuchichuPosted 1/20/2013 11:14:15 AM(edited)
HE'S A COP. Even if he WAS the good guy he pretended to be he shouldn't be puking like that at this point in his career, anyway. Cops shouldn't be "caught off guard" by dead bodies, THAT'S THEIR JOB. In fact it may have been a case of overacting considering he should have had training to prepare himself for such a scene. But he was playing up the "I'm such a bubbling idiot I can't even do my job without puking at the scene."

I really don't know why the idea that he was acting the whole time and really is just a sociopathic dickhead is so hard for people to accept. Sheesh. I thought it was obvious.
---
#25DalekZeroPosted 1/20/2013 11:17:43 AM
Buchichu posted...
HE'S A COP. Even if he WAS the good guy he pretended to be he shouldn't be puking like that at this point in his career, anyway. Cops shouldn't be "caught off guard" by dead bodies, THAT'S THEIR JOB. In fact it may have been a case of overacting considering he should have had training to prepare himself for such a scene. But he was playing up the "I'm such a bubbling idiot I can't even do my job without puking at the scene."

I really don't know why the idea that he was acting the whole time and really is just a sociopathic dickhead is so hard for people to accept. Sheesh. I thought it was obvious.

All I got to say about this is that they made it very clear that Adachi is a rookie. And even if he wasn't not all people react the same to dead bodies, and there is a very high chance this was his first dead body (given the low murder rate in Japan).
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#26Inertion5Posted 1/20/2013 11:19:50 AM
Buchichu posted...
THAT'S THEIR JOB.

As I said, he could be caught off guard OR it was a first dead body he saw. We don't know about his job history. Only that he screwed up once and they moved him to Nowheresville.

And I was always under impression he slowly started to get more twisted and twisted. I don't think he was as screwed up in the beginning as he was near the end.

And I really don't know why you're so stubborn to admit that not everything he does is an act. He's human too.
#27BuchichuPosted 1/20/2013 11:20:42 AM
Dojima told him to stop acting like a rookie, indicating he wasn't one any more and should be able to handle his job. The idea that a guy who thinks assaulting women and leaving people to die in another world is entertainment would then somehow be so horrified by his handiwork that he vomits is pretty silly. The guy was twisted. A dead body with no signs of wounds or blood wouldn't be enough to make him lose his lunch. Deal with it.
---
#28Inertion5Posted 1/20/2013 11:22:37 AM(edited)
Buchichu posted...
Dojima told him to stop acting like a rookie, indicating he wasn't one any more and should be able to handle his job. The idea that a guy who thinks assaulting women and leaving people to die in another world is entertainment would then somehow be so horrified by his handiwork that he vomits is pretty silly. The guy was twisted. A dead body with no signs of wounds or blood wouldn't be enough to make him lose his lunch. Deal with it.

Telling someone to stop acting like something is an expression. Dojima didn't "imply" anything with the way he worded his sentence. It's an expression, jesus google it I don't know.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot: Deal with it.
#29BuchichuPosted 1/20/2013 11:25:20 AM
Oh, but he's such a rookie according to you? The guy worked in the city for who knows how long before getting transferred because of some mistake he made. Long enough to apparently become completely disillusioned with his career. That's not a rookie attitude.

Do another playthrough and like, pay attention this time.
---
#30thompsontalker7Posted 1/20/2013 11:25:22 AM
NeonOctopus posted...
Adachi thought she just went somewhere else, and when he discovered that she was dead, he was like OH S***! and threw up >_>

All of this

Besides, he was just planning this as he went along. Look how hard he screwed up when he is finally revealed as the killer.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!