I was wondering, why was Adachi barfing at the start of the game? SPOILERS?

#41BuchichuPosted 1/21/2013 12:03:02 PM
I just think you guys are giving him far too much credit. He pukes because he didnt know he was killing victim #1 (whom he attacked in an attempted sexual assault) but almost immediately afterward he PURPOSELY does the EXACT SAME THING to victim #2 (after another attempted assault)? Really? The mindset of what you're proposing just doesn't make sense.

Whatever, like I said, agree to disagree. Also promise me you guys will never go into law or psychology. That would be a trainwreck, lol. "He did terrible things and is clearly a sociopathic nutjob but hey, let's give him the benefit of the doubt anyway. After all, he's just a cute, bumbling idiot who was his own victim of circumstance, right?" Yikes.
---
The BEST Marvel reference tool on the web is: www.marveldatabase.com
#42greensocksPosted 1/21/2013 1:29:58 PM
Buchichu posted...
I just think you guys are giving him far too much credit. He pukes because he didnt know he was killing victim #1 (whom he attacked in an attempted sexual assault) but almost immediately afterward he PURPOSELY does the EXACT SAME THING to victim #2 (after another attempted assault)? Really? The mindset of what you're proposing just doesn't make sense.

Whatever, like I said, agree to disagree. Also promise me you guys will never go into law or psychology. That would be a trainwreck, lol. "He did terrible things and is clearly a sociopathic nutjob but hey, let's give him the benefit of the doubt anyway. After all, he's just a cute, bumbling idiot who was his own victim of circumstance, right?" Yikes.

I'm not giving him any credit. I just said he was an idiot and I didn't say he didn't mean to kill the second victim. Only the first was an accident. The point I am making and what he admits to is the first was an accident then he not only acclimated to killing, but went for seconds. I just posted a Youtube video you should watch it skip to about 4 minutes.

Who the hell is making him out to be a victim? Get your head checked nobody is saying that. If you want to win an argument it helps if you make counterpoints to what people are saying and not the voices in your head.

Besides who was he trying to fool when he was fake vomiting? No one in the cast was there except Dojima and he used his power to kill her so he couldn't possibly be caught.
#43BuchichuPosted 1/21/2013 1:42:55 PM
Klyern posted...

Basically the idiot is a victim of his own passion LOL iow rage issues :P

And if you want to participate in a thread, maybe you should read all the posts first, like I did. People keep saying I'm making assumptions of what they're saying - I'm just commenting on ACTUAL things being said within the thread. If you get confused, it helps to go back and READ everything first...it really puts a conversation in context.

So lazy.
---
#44TalesofDestiny2Posted 1/21/2013 1:43:36 PM
Buchichu posted...

He pushes Mayumi accidentally, not knowing it would kill her.

He finds her dead body hanging and thus pukes because he was surprised to see her dead. It doesn't matter that he's a sick person who decided to kill people with his new-found power afterwards; he still was surprised at first. You are right in that he changed his mind afterwards and went after Saki knowing full well that it would kill her, but at the moment when Mayumi was found he was still shocked.

I'm not sure why I wasted my time though. I'm thinking that you are just trolling. If not, I apologize but your attitude isn't helping.
#45TalesofDestiny2Posted 1/21/2013 1:50:19 PM
I also forgot to add in that there were other reasons why he might have thrown up. One was because of the smell. It can cause people to vomit. The other is nervousness. At that time, Adachi didn't know that there would be no evidence left on the bodies. He was probably scared they would trace something back to him.
#46DaimaoTakahashiPosted 1/21/2013 2:16:19 PM
I think there are many factors at work. Consider that as a Cop, Adachi probably understands very very well how hard it is to get away completely with murder. I mean so well that no one even suspects you. There is no such thing as the perfect murder, or at least that's likely what he thought. He'd just killed someone, without anyway whatsoever to trace it back to him. Also, he admitted that he'd never tried to enter the T.V fully before. In fact, up until he pushed Yamano, he wasn't even sure if it was possible. This means that if he hadn't done that, his curiosity might have eventually gotten the best of him, after all, when you have that kind of power, how can you not go all the way with it? So it may be a combination of "better her than me", along with excitement for doing what is usually damn near impossible, and the final possibility that the he just has a weak stomach for that kind of thing.
#47BuchichuPosted 1/21/2013 2:38:30 PM
Ugh, one of the things I hate about gamefaqs is whenever someone disagrees with someone else, they're "trolling." No dude, I'm not trolling because I have a difference of opinion than you. The game never makes clear what the puking was about so you're not automatically correct and I'm not trolling just because we disagree.

I don't think people these days even know what trolling is. I'm obviously making an argument that I believe in and making an effort to give reasons why. My opinion is getting attacked just as much as I'm getting my back up, but I'm the troll? Yeah, pretty sure there are a lot of people here not heeding the "M" for mature warning.
---
#48TalesofDestiny2Posted 1/21/2013 2:55:42 PM
Buchichu posted...
Ugh, one of the things I hate about gamefaqs is whenever someone disagrees with someone else, they're "trolling." No dude, I'm not trolling because I have a difference of opinion than you. The game never makes clear what the puking was about so you're not automatically correct and I'm not trolling just because we disagree.

I don't think people these days even know what trolling is. I'm obviously making an argument that I believe in and making an effort to give reasons why. My opinion is getting attacked just as much as I'm getting my back up, but I'm the troll? Yeah, pretty sure there are a lot of people here not heeding the "M" for mature warning.

I assumed you were trolling because of your attitude. Do you know what trolling is? Deliberately trying to anger people. You do this when you say phrases like, "Do another playthrough and like, pay attention this time," and say things like, "Also promise me you guys will never go into law or psychology. That would be a trainwreck, lol.". You yourself get defensive when people point flaws in your theory but are quick to insult others without saying why they are wrong. That is why I thought you were trolling.

Anyway I already apologized for assuming you were one. However I would like to point out that since you wanted to have a serious discussion, you failed to say anything about my support for Adachi genuinely vomiting. Instead you got defensive again when I called you out on it.
#49HoIlywoodPosted 1/21/2013 2:59:53 PM
Buchichu posted...
Ugh, why do people put those block out things in a topic that SAYS "spoilers"? It's redundant and a pain in the ass if you're on an iPad...I can't scroll over it, dammit.

Anyway, when Dojima says "how long are you acting to ACT like a rookie?" Act is an important word in that sentence.

If you're on an iPad, you should see a button under their username that says "reveal spoilers"
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#50BuchichuPosted 1/21/2013 3:11:20 PM
Oh yeah, thanks. Someone cleared that up for me a few posts after that one. It was really helpful too - suddenly a whole new world of posts I couldn't read before have opened up for me! :D
---