Persona 5 ideas: Unleashing personas.

#1Niyel7Posted 1/19/2013 11:37:24 AM
Evokers = (Cool and unique)
Breaking cards = (Kinda lame but still cool)

For Persona 5, instead of guns or cards, the characters should temporarily transform to the Persona they're using. Remember how Igor said "A persona is like a mask you put on to face the hardships in life"? It makes sense that they should "put on" the personas. Like how Yu turned into Izanagi in the P4 intro. After the attack, the character reverts back to his/her human self. Because it would be awkward to see 4 creatures as your party members.

There are many concepts I've read about from other fans, like breaking mirrors, dolls, calling personas from cellphones, punching a hole in the ground where the persona comes out, or simply releasing their personas like Takaya and Adachi. But personally, I think the way to go is transformation, showing off their psyche physically. What do you guys think?
#2The_LimitPosted 1/19/2013 11:49:28 AM
Breaking cards is NOT lame!
---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me!) - 4ever Playing: Persona 4 Golden
Yukiko... She's My Everything... http://anime.ap.teacup.com/jump-333-2/timg/middle_1348179017.jpg
#3Bisected8Posted 1/19/2013 11:50:44 AM
They should describe their persona in some way to bring it into being. One member could write notes about it, another could talk about it, another could sketch it another could...sing about it? Perform a play about it? ...I didn't think that through.

TBH, I like the way P4 did it because it tied into the character's fighting styles, which makes sense.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#4Inertion5Posted 1/19/2013 12:11:15 PM
Girls should do sexy poses and guys should turn SSJ.
#5Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/19/2013 12:35:53 PM
Niyel7 posted...

Unique? It was controversial, not unique. If you've never seen someone point a gun at themselves... well you need to get out to the movies more often.

It was a gimmick. Even the game itself made it out to be a gimmick: they said multiple times it's not a "real" gun, so one must wonder "why shape them that way in the first place?"

Lame? It tied into the theme of tarot cards far better then Evokers. It actually made sense and was not just a gimmick to attract controversy, but rather decent symbolism.

For P5, they will punch themselves in the gut (gimmick) then break the card that is ejected from their mouths (symbolism).
#6Inertion5Posted 1/19/2013 12:41:20 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Niyel7 posted...

It was controversial, not unique.

Oh man up, Nanako.
#7RasolisuPosted 1/19/2013 12:45:46 PM
Digital Devil Saga.
#8SeargentSousukePosted 1/19/2013 12:51:07 PM
Rasolisu posted...
Digital Devil Saga.

The next game will have a theme of gluttony and consumption. They'll have to eat other persona users to gain their personas and powers to tie into the phrase "You are what you eat." Hunger Arcana will have the strongest personas.
---
The OFFICIAL Sousuke Sagara of EVERYTHING. BW2 Fc: 3139-4531-8340
#9Doru_DinnPosted 1/19/2013 1:12:05 PM
The personas before being unleashed are dwarves (chibis) that run up and kick the character in the shins to turn into personas.

You don't want to know what it takes for the guys' personas to get critical hits.
---
You've got to admit that there's a certain inherent epicness in the Hero running around looking like Hobo Link.
- Guruda on Dragon Quest VII
#10Birth_By_SorrowPosted 1/19/2013 1:48:13 PM(edited)
Kuxal posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Niyel7 posted...

It was controversial, not unique.

Oh man up, Nanako.

Saying it was controversial (i.e. used as a marketing ploy) = acting like a little girl? ROFL. The logic must be so hilarious that I'd love to hear it. I've seen it many times, so what is there to man up to?

Your attempt at an insult is too stupid for me to contemplate. :)