Was wondering about Naoto... *spoilers*

#1cheatermasterPosted 1/20/2013 10:20:01 AM
Was it obvious that Naoto was a female? I mean I assume people learned about it because of spoilers all over the internet. But without spoilers, was it obvious that she was a female? Cause I find it funny how we figure Naoto was a female while the characters in the game didn't find out until they went to rescue her.
#2Bisected8Posted 1/20/2013 10:23:46 AM
It's not stated until the twist in-game.

The voice gave it away for a lot of people in the English version (the Japanese version's more androgynous sounding, apparently).
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#3RasolisuPosted 1/20/2013 10:40:41 AM(edited)
Bisected8 posted...
It's not stated until the twist in-game.

The voice gave it away for a lot of people in the English version (the Japanese version's more androgynous sounding, apparently).

Romi Park her japanese voice actress plays both guys and girls. Some of the guys include Ken in Digimon, Edward Elric from FMA, Nicol in Gundam Seed, Loren in Turn A Gundam. On the girls side Nana from NANA, Temari in Naruto, Vasquez in the Aliens dub.
#4_BTT_Posted 1/20/2013 10:53:04 AM
Even if I didn't know beforehand, I'm fairly certain I'd have picked up on it from the voice alone. That and the facial structure.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#5RasolisuPosted 1/20/2013 10:58:08 AM
_BTT_ posted...
Even if I didn't know beforehand, I'm fairly certain I'd have picked up on it from the voice alone. That and the facial structure.

You don't have much experience with anime style traps do ya? Naoto coulda easily been a guy.
#6_BTT_Posted 1/20/2013 11:02:05 AM
_BTT_ posted...

You don't have much experience with anime style traps do ya? Naoto coulda easily been a guy.

I've got plenty of experience in that area, thanks. Granted it probably wouldn't have been immediately obvious to me, but I'm fairly certain I would have been able to tell before the actual reveal.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#7RasolisuPosted 1/20/2013 11:08:44 AM
They coulda gone Hideyoshi on her or worse.

Taking anime genders at face value till directly stated is pretty much what ya gotta do.
#8TeddyKumaPosted 1/20/2013 11:25:25 AM
At some interview Atlus said that at the beginning of P4 project characters had roles that differs so much from the final product:

Naoto was actually a MALE detective (as Rasolisu stated, assigning Park as the voice actress was absolutely intentional)
Teddy was a GIRL (you can see some residuum at school festival).
Yukiko was a mastermind of all evil doing in P4 (thus explains her rather eccentric character).
#9thompsontalker7Posted 1/20/2013 11:33:15 AM
It actually confused me when I first saw her in Arena, but then I heard her voice and went "nope, that's a girl."

When she gets panicked or embarrassed, she also sounds more girly.

Yukiko was a mastermind of all evil doing in P4 (thus explains her rather eccentric character).

LMAO for real? That would've been awesome and made so much sense
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#10PigLatinHaikuPosted 1/20/2013 11:44:35 AM
I always thought it was weird that Yukiko used Agi and Mudo spells when she's such a sweet, easy-going character.
I'm guessing they were gonna do a Samus style reveal for Teddie where the team assumes he's a guy but then he takes off the mask at Junes and there's a girl underneath, and they just switched that twist to Naoto. Would've been funny if they both ended up girls though. I can see Yosuke shouting, "IS EVERYONE SECRETLY A GIRL?"
---
In-ay illness-stay / E-thay idden-hay eart-hay / Eeds-blay alone-ay
Xbox Live GT - PigLatinHaiku