So... I didn't unlock the new dungeon (SPOILERS)

#11Skull007o_OPosted 1/20/2013 1:22:41 PM
aendras posted...
Lol, I'm sorry I botherred you guys.

I think I know why it didn't trigger the new dungeon, on that event in Velvet Room on 2nd january, the conversation between me and Margaret, I think I picked "We should leave her be.", instead of asking "Why/whene did she leave?".

I'm a real dumbass sometimes, I guess I will make it on my NG+ instead.

Thanks so much for your help!

:d !

Don't you have an earlier save?
#12aendras(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:24:55 PM
The_Limit posted...
aendras posted...
I think I picked "We should leave her be."

-___- C'mon man!

Yeah.... but you know what!

I feel guilty! For Marie's seek! I'm gonna sprinkle that NG+ this whole comming week till I trigger that dungeon, studies WILL wait!
#13aendras(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:34:53 AM
Skull007o_O posted...
aendras posted...

I think I know why it didn't trigger the new dungeon, on that event in Velvet Room on 2nd january, the conversation between me and Margaret, I think I picked "We should leave her be.", instead of asking "Why/whene did she leave?".

I do have one before the hospital scene. But I don't think I will play from there, I'll start over on my NG+. =D

But I mean, I've to defence myself a little, I can't complain the guides on the internets, every guide I followed was to envision the scene at the Velvet Room on the 2nd january, and the game didn't ask me if I was sure to forget about Marie (it clearly was an important note). I thought the dungeon would have trigger either way.

But, I can't complain to anyone but me, but please understand that I thought it didn't matter (some choises in Persona 2 & 3 & 4 - you can choose whatever you want, and it won't make a real difference).

Anyhow, I will play through this game again someday near the future. Thanks for everyone's help! :)

/case closed
#14TalesofDestiny2Posted 1/21/2013 2:01:03 AM
aendras posted...
Skull007o_O posted...
aendras posted...

I do have one before the hospital scene. But I don't think I will play from there, I'll start over on my NG+. =D

But I mean, I've to defence myself a little, I can't complain the guides on the internets, every guide I followed was to envision the scene at the Velvet Room on the 2nd january, and the game didn't ask me if I was sure to forget about Marie (it clearly was an important note). I thought the dungeon would have trigger either way.

But, I can't complain to anyone but me, but please understand that I thought it didn't matter (some choises in Persona 2 & 3 & 4 - you can choose whatever you want, and it won't make a real difference).

Anyhow, I will play through this game again someday near the future. Thanks for everyone's help! :)

/case closed

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. I wanted to be a jerk on my first playthrough and so I chose every option that had jerk responses (except for S-links) I didn't actually realize that by choosing that answer I was locking myself out of her dungeon. If I'm remembering correctly, Margaret says something like, "No. It wouldn't be best to leave her alone," or something like that so I thought I was still ok.
#15natchu96Posted 1/21/2013 2:10:19 AM
TalesofDestiny2 posted...
aendras posted...
Skull007o_O posted...
aendras posted...

/case closed

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. I wanted to be a jerk on my first playthrough and so I chose every option that had jerk responses (except for S-links) I didn't actually realize that by choosing that answer I was locking myself out of her dungeon. If I'm remembering correctly, Margaret says something like, "No. It wouldn't be best to leave her alone," or something like that so I thought I was still ok.

Since you don't care enough to look for her, of course she won't change your mind. She wasn't supposed to interfere, only help.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#16Chagen46Posted 1/21/2013 2:14:58 PM(edited)
The_Limit posted...
aendras posted...

-___- C'mon man!

It's not their fault the game, like many Japanese games, does that "there's super-cool extra stuff but you have to answer a completely innocuous question in one specific way without any clue that it will have major ramifications" thing that's incredibly annoying.

Hell this game does it TWICE. This part and the SIX questions you have to answer in a row to get the true ending. Now, it is part of the charm but it can be absurdly frustrating.
---
I usually go by the name "Agni" online, not this one.
#17TalesofDestiny2Posted 1/21/2013 2:43:41 PM
Chagen46 posted...
The_Limit posted...
aendras posted...

-___- C'mon man!

It's not their fault the game, like many Japanese games, does that "there's super-cool extra stuff but you have to answer a completely innocuous question in one specific way without any clue that it will have major ramifications" thing that's incredibly annoying.

Hell this game does it TWICE. This part and the SIX questions you have to answer in a row to get the true ending. Now, it is part of the charm but it can be absurdly frustrating.

That wasn't really the case for me, but I get what you mean. My problem was that I didn't know what choices have an effect and which don't. Yosuke needs help but you don't want to? But thou must. Nanako needs help with homework? Sorry Nanako, I don't care and I'm gonna go do something else.