do Persona 4 fans recognize this game as a MegaTen game?

#1XCrossYZPosted 1/21/2013 10:27:04 AM
reason I ask is because I notice some Persona 4 fans don't know about The other MegaTen games, unless its Devil Survivor (don't know why). And some of the SMT like to Bash Persona games specially 3 and 4. Why is that? I myself consider it to be part of the MegaTen line
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#2ZembaphobiaPosted 1/21/2013 10:28:36 AM
Yes. I do recognize this as a MegaTen game and am familiar with other titles. I also do not care that a lot of Persona fans are not familiar with other MegaTen games. Their loss
---
http://i.imgur.com/98ecp.gif http://i48.tinypic.com/2lx9u07.gif
http://myanimelist.net/signature/Zembaphobic.png
#3LeonNoel619Posted 1/21/2013 10:29:23 AM
Well I played Luficers Call as my first SMT game so yeah thats how I got into the whole SMT games.
---
3DS-3695-1473-6164
PS3- Darkos619
#4Bisected8Posted 1/21/2013 10:34:29 AM
IIRC, the series isn't part of the SMT series proper. It was just titled that way for its release outside of Japan (for the same reason a lot of SquareSoft* RPGs were localised with Final Fantasy in the title).

*Back when they were called that.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#5XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 10:38:13 AM
LeonNoel619 posted...
Well I played Luficers Call as my first SMT game so yeah thats how I got into the whole SMT games.

My first game was Persona on the PlayStation back in the 90s. I liked it and years later played Demikids on the GBC. It wasn't until Nocturne that I learned of the MegaTen games and lever since then I tried to play as many as possible. Really into mythology so it's sweet when I recognize one of the demons
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#6mikehook1000Posted 1/21/2013 10:43:16 AM
XCrossYZ posted...
reason I ask is because I notice some Persona 4 fans don't know about The other MegaTen games, unless its Devil Survivor (don't know why). And some of the SMT like to Bash Persona games specially 3 and 4. Why is that? I myself consider it to be part of the MegaTen line

I feel like Atlus no longer considers P4 a SMT game. The name is no where to be found on the game case.
#7aendrasPosted 1/21/2013 10:43:31 AM
XCrossYZ posted...
LeonNoel619 posted...

My first game was Persona on the PlayStation back in the 90s. I liked it and years later played Demikids on the GBC. It wasn't until Nocturne that I learned of the MegaTen games and lever since then I tried to play as many as possible. Really into mythology so it's sweet when I recognize one of the demons

Well, I've only played through Persona 2, 3 and 4. I gaved up early on Persona 1 for some reasons.

But I've never played other SMT games, I'm looking for the new SMT IV, and Soul Hacker for the 3DS.

If they are interesting, I will look at the other SMT games that were released on the PS2, etc.
#8FScellPosted 1/21/2013 10:46:48 AM
mikehook1000 posted...
XCrossYZ posted...

I feel like Atlus no longer considers P4 a SMT game. The name is no where to be found on the game case.

It's a matter of marketability.

When Atlus began its bigger push to bring all of these games over after Nocturne they began to affix the SMT title to everything as a means to say "Hey you remember that one game you liked? Well this is part of that same franchise. You'd probably like this one too."

Now though Persona is by and large the most popular and successful portion of that franchise, and it no longer really needs the SMT name to carry it. An increasing number of people will recognize and have heard of Persona before they will have heard of Shin Megami Tensei.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#9The_DjokerPosted 1/21/2013 10:53:50 AM
No. Persona 3 was my first SMT game. For me Persona is a new series all together.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AZxdTPt.gif
#10BuchichuPosted 1/21/2013 11:05:03 AM
I consider it a spinoff.
---
The BEST Marvel reference tool on the web is: www.marveldatabase.com