Lemme introduce you to an awesome show and Kanji/Naoto's awesomeness

#1Paradox_KnightPosted 1/25/2013 4:50:18 PM
Love video games? Want to know more about video games? Why is Kanji and Naoto awesome?

Here! Enjoy this episode of Extra Credits: Sexual Diversity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUqivXMlpcQ

To those who already know about this show. Heya.

PS. To note, they're currently on PATV at Penny-Arcade.com
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#2FireDragoon18Posted 1/25/2013 4:54:17 PM
I love Extra Credits.
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#3Paradox_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:37:58 PM
Lovely educational show of sorts. Certainly gives you a clearer understanding of the gaming industry and a greater appreciation of the good games we have.
---
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#4SolKarellenPosted 1/25/2013 9:48:45 PM
still don't think kanji is actually gay

but okay
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#5ninebreakerzeroPosted 1/25/2013 11:39:48 PM
i don't think kanji is really gay either, i personally think that a lot more of his feminine qualities come out because he gets the moral support of his friends. i also see his attraction to naoto as the spark that got him to question his sexuality seeing as he still remains attracted to her after her dirty laundry gets put out there

and i'm sure we've all experienced that awkward moment of seeing someone and thinking "wow that girl/boy is pretty attractive" and then learning they are the same gender as you
---
(GT: Snowgoose lawl) (White FC: 1807-2314-0565) (SS FC: 0389-9118-4592) (Platinum FC: 0862-3733-1237)
#6Paradox_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:43:40 PM
Kinda missing the point you guys... Kinda way missing the point here aren'tcha?

Plus, from the looks of it, Kanji is more set to become Bisexual then anything else and the extra scenes in the Golden version only stands to support that possibility.
---
#7GSSAGE7Posted 1/25/2013 11:48:42 PM
The fact that Kanji is only interested in Naoto makes this entire debate confusing.
#8Paradox_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:54:00 PM
It's pretty damn downright simple.

Kanji got a crush unto Naoto during the period when he thought Naoto was a guy. When Naoto was then revealed to be a girl, he still had emotions towards her. It would seem that the gender barrier doesn't really affect Kanji when it comes to determining who he's attracted to.

This would indicate Kanji would be closer to being Bisexual.

Additionally, during the "Up Close and Personal" mission. Kanji reacts with more interest to having Yosuke pressed up against him then he does towards the idea of hitting on women, this might be more due to his slow nature to catching unto things but it certainly shows that he does hold certain interest towards the same gender.

The better question I have to ask is:

Why do people keep on insisting that he has no interest in the male gender when he clearly shows such interest? Are they just afraid that a character they like happens to have a bisexual or homosexual orientation? Do they not want a character who has that trait to their person? Are they just really homophobic about the whole issue and are hiding away behind some made-believed idea of theirs that they're just saying that their interpretation of the events are more accurate or just deciding to shield themselves with the idea that if it is their opinion then it must be true rather then face the actual truth that's shown pretty damn clearly to them?

Basically. Why aim for the "Kanji is straight, not gay" option when there's a clear "Kanji is bisexual" option, which would be closer to an actual possibility for Kanji, as Kanji being purely straight is pretty much a non-option.
---
#9ninebreakerzeroPosted 1/26/2013 12:01:01 AM
its totally still an option but he doesn't display any downright gay thoughts in more than a few scenes
---
(GT: Snowgoose lawl) (White FC: 1807-2314-0565) (SS FC: 0389-9118-4592) (Platinum FC: 0862-3733-1237)
#10metamaraPosted 1/26/2013 12:01:23 AM
Kanji is more than bi, he'll go for furry bears.