would you have wanted to see yu narukami's shadow as a boss

#1strangers_wrathPosted 1/26/2013 12:20:15 AM
I wanted to see what his shadow was like heck even persona 2 protaganist had a shadow for a silent protaganist. I think his shadow would be like in the anime its how I sorta felt to after watching it
#2The_LimitPosted 1/26/2013 12:26:46 AM
No.
---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me! :D) 4everrr Playing: P4G and P4A
Yukiko... She's My Everything... View our gallery of eternal love! <3 http://imgur.com/a/cBYhI#0
#3Paradox_KnightPosted 1/26/2013 12:29:07 AM
You mean this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6DXhqsBYy8#t=3m18s

SPOILER APLENTY

obviously.
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#4kratoscar2008Posted 1/26/2013 1:06:45 AM
strangers_wrath posted...
I wanted to see what his shadow was like heck even persona 2 protaganist had a shadow for a silent protaganist. I think his shadow would be like in the anime its how I sorta felt to after watching it

But tatsuya was a special case as he was developed as a character first and avatar second, P4MC on the other hand was designed with zero background to fill his role as player avatar (Altough if you ask me they should had added it in Golden as we already know his personality thanks to Arena and the Anime).
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#5ViewtifulGenePosted 1/26/2013 4:54:43 AM
No. Shadows are repressed selves and the MC is an extension of the player. The game shouldn't include a Shadow that may not at all represent the player's repressed emotions.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#6metamaraPosted 1/26/2013 5:32:42 AM
Yu tames shadows through shuffle time.
#7DMANSLANDPosted 1/26/2013 8:25:21 AM
That would imply the MC has any sort of personality or emotions. I would not want that
---
PSN: DMANSLAND
"You have a father? Bison can fix that" - M. Bison, Street Fighter x Tekken
#8Doru_DinnPosted 1/26/2013 12:15:07 PM
I think there could have been an interesting secret boss from this. Monad like dungeon unlock. Floor ten, suddenly BAM Shadow Protaganist.
---
You've got to admit that there's a certain inherent epicness in the Hero running around looking like Hobo Link.
- Guruda on Dragon Quest VII
#9ivanhellsingPosted 1/26/2013 12:51:07 PM
yes that would be cool
---
White FC: 4428-0185-7278
Black 2 FC : 0992-0835-6808
#10GSSAGE7Posted 1/26/2013 2:25:38 PM(edited)
For one thing, Shadow Selves clearly work differently between 2 and 4. For starters, it was a plot point in Arena that you can't use your Persona against your Shadow. Also, a person can fight their own shadow at all, considering everyone else passed out when their shadows went berserk.

In general, a decent way to make this work would be for Shadow Yu to base your personality based on certain dialogues during mandatory scenes, sort of like how Shadow Tatsuya based your personality on that scene with Takami. But even then, unless you were stupid enough to deny it, you wouldn't fight it. And if you do deny it, Yu wouldn't be able to fight, and you'd be left fighting without being able to change your Personas.