SPOILERS: Aw Man, Valentine's Day

#1BountyHeadcasePosted 1/27/2013 1:46:44 AM
Funny. When I played P4 I made it a point to only date one girl at a time, yet there really wasn't any consequence for dating multiple girls, save for a short cut scene or two.

Enter P4G. Based on past experiences, I though I'd date any character I liked, even others I wasn't particularly attached too. I wouldn't have normally dated Naoto but I wanted her costume for my next playthrough. So what, right?

Then I got to Valentine's day and felt like the biggest piece of sh!t alive, especially for Yukiko and Naoto. They'll probably have issues after what I did to them, what with me being their first love and me promptly betraying them. Worse, Naoto's no dummy. She knew exactly what was going on. I couldn't enjoy my date with Rise because of this.

Well, I thought I'd type this while my experience was still fresh. It speaks volumes for the game that it bothered me this much. You really get attached to this characters after the many hours you spend with them.

This is a change I could have done without. Thanks for nothing P4G (just kidding, still a great game).
#2GSSAGE7Posted 1/27/2013 1:52:04 AM
Well after giving you the option to friendzone girls, there's really no reason why a good person would date so many girls at once.
#3Nophie666Posted 1/27/2013 3:07:57 AM
I just wish some of the frienzoning of girls didn't make you feel so horrible. I get that she told you yourself to do it but friend zoning Yumi was down right painful, I felt like the biggest jerk in the world. A little less with Ai.
#4GSSAGE7Posted 1/27/2013 3:09:20 AM
Yumi and Yukiko have the worst friendzoning scenes. Rise too, if only because I'd do that even if I was just a friend.
#5Skull007o_OPosted 1/27/2013 3:12:08 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Well after giving you the option to friendzone girls, there's really no reason why a good person would date so many girls at once.

Friendzoning yukiko may be even worse than her valentine event... the girl practically makes up an excuse to go to her home and cry... I'm no fan of yukiko, but damn you P4, you're too harsh sometimes
#6GSSAGE7Posted 1/27/2013 3:17:10 AM
Skull007o_O posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

Friendzoning yukiko may be even worse than her valentine event... the girl practically makes up an excuse to go to her home and cry... I'm no fan of yukiko, but damn you P4, you're too harsh sometimes

Well it's a damn good thing Yukiko is my favorite girl.
#7mms78Posted 1/27/2013 6:46:55 AM
Funny, I felt strangely fulfilled while breaking every girls heart on Valentine's Day. I even have a special save pre-valentine's day so I can go back and choose a different girl to date while breaking the other's heart. And I made Chie, Yukiko, Marie, Naoto, Rise, Ayane, and Ai my girl friends...hmmm...wonder if I missed anyone...

must be coz I haz no life and ZERO gfs in real life?...NAH!
#8thompsontalker7Posted 1/27/2013 7:24:39 AM
I felt bad for friendzoning Yukiko, even after dat desire

Romancing Yumi only seemed to make it worse
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#9BuchichuPosted 1/27/2013 10:03:21 AM
On my next playthrough I'm going to try and date every single girl available.

MWAHAHAHA!
---
The BEST Marvel reference tool on the web is: www.marveldatabase.com
#10CrimsonmistPosted 1/27/2013 10:10:41 AM
I can't in good conscience friendzone at least two of the girls.

Yumi I A: Comfort
B: Walkout on like a dick leaving her in a terrible state

Rise: A: Hug her which apparently means WE BE LOVERS YO
B: STAND THERE WITH A S*** EATING GRIN ON MY FACE

I may not particularly like either one but the choice is very limited here. Either I am rammed into a relationship I do not want and be a horrible person, or just straight up be a horrible person which would be much easier for me if I was playing P3 because such an action which match my haircut.
---
I might make this my sig...