Best JRPG of all time

#1flamesonfiresPosted 1/27/2013 4:47:42 PM
FFVI and FFVII were my favorite jrps till this game came out on the ps2 and even now replaying the story made relive the best story i have played. Just wondering how you guys and gals thought of this game and if you think persona series have lived up to the hype?

I would like to to go into detail about what made this game so epic but I'm afraid of spoiling this masterpiece for anyone who wants to play it.

Ps. go for the best ending in golden its worth it.
#2FScellPosted 1/27/2013 4:48:58 PM
I think it's a great game.

But I disagree with the topic.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#3The_LimitPosted 1/27/2013 4:50:12 PM
Best game of all-time!
---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me! :D) 4everrr Playing: P4G and P4A
Yukiko... She's My Everything... View our gallery of eternal love! <3 http://imgur.com/a/cBYhI#0
#4DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/27/2013 4:59:55 PM(edited)
It's a pretty good game.

Can't stomach more than one playthrough (This is an odd problem I have with every Persona), but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#5SicianPosted 1/27/2013 5:05:29 PM
I do think it's one of my favorite Jrpgs, but... I love other Jrpgs like Xenogears or Star Ocean: The Second Story perhaps more. Something like Legend of the Dragoon was also quite enjoyable.

However, P4 takes all of my time.

I think someone who does not have the experience in Jrpgs could go back to the older games, view the dated games, and have a jaded idea on them. I think that's why people might be so quick to declare P4 as god.
---
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.
#6SmashStrikePosted 1/27/2013 5:06:22 PM
I love this game, one of my favorites. I would never claim it to be the best JRPG of all time though.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#7Nights85Posted 1/27/2013 5:13:01 PM
The_Limit posted...
Best game of all-time!

You really need a new shtick.
---
If Disturbed sucks then why are their songs in the Dragonball Z movies? - ChocolateCake1
#8MogMoogle1Posted 1/27/2013 5:15:24 PM
Well, everyone has their own requisite for being the "best" to them. Some may consider an engaging gameplay more highly than the plot/story while others may consider the later higher. There can be other factors too, like music and art.graphics. Anyways, a game doesn't have to have a high replay value in order to be considered a great game.

All it takes is that one play through that you enjoy, even if subsequent play throughs may deteriorate. For example, the fighting games have a pretty high replay value and can be a lot more fun than a jRPG, but the fun is very dependent on the multiplayer factor, and even if you always have someone to play with, the chance of the individual sitting through long play sessions is unlikely.

I really had a kick out of the Guitar Hero series when it was fun and not an overly milked series. Me and my friend would often get together and have fun with it. It really was a lot of fun, but single player got stale pretty quickly once you have done everything and I could only enjoy it for 15-30 at a time. A good RPG, on the other hand, can keep me interested for hours at a time. I may not jump back to them as often as, say Guitar Hero, Mario Kart, or Marvel vs Capcom, but they do keep my attention longer.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#9The_LimitPosted 1/27/2013 5:19:21 PM
Nights85 posted...
The_Limit posted...
Best game of all-time!

You really need a new shtick.

It isn't a shtick, fool. Mind your own business.
---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me! :D) 4everrr Playing: P4G and P4A
Yukiko... She's My Everything... View our gallery of eternal love! <3 http://imgur.com/a/cBYhI#0
#10Inertion5Posted 1/27/2013 5:20:40 PM
It's a great game but it has some serious flaws that most people here overlook or are just blind by the hype.