#42Niyel7Posted 1/28/2013 11:01:37 AM
bigtim777 posted...
As much as I like this game. It's still below these games for me:

SMT: Nocturne
Persona 3: FES
SMT: Strange Journey
Xenoblade Chronicles
Final Fantasy VI advanced

You sir, have immaculate taste. I tip my hat to you.
#43Dota2Posted 1/28/2013 11:19:58 AM
I think its an ok game.

It isn't anywhere near the best JRPG.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/iTLtpmMLA98ho.jpg
#44Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/28/2013 11:25:14 AM(edited)
Great game, but it definitely isn't the best JRPG in my book. There's some serious flaws in the game that people tend not to notice on their first run or two -- that or they're willing to overlook it. Granted, I overlook some flaws on the JRPGs I put over this one, so I suppose it's "to each their own" -- I just I feel the flaws in this one tend to be hard to ignore compared to the ones I put over it.

Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VI, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, SMT3: Nocturne and Xenogears win over this one easily in my eyes.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Kid Icarus: Uprising
#45dmcd93Posted 1/28/2013 1:11:36 PM
It definitely is my favourite JRPG, it has flaws sure but so does every game.
And I think most people in this topic are of the mind that there is no "best" game, especially within the JRPG genre, personal preference plays too big a role.
---
Garrus is the Greatest bro in gaming
"There is no Shepard without Vakarian"
#46flamesonfires(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:01:23 PM
Honestly Persona 4 kept me glued to it never had that feeling before about a game I played Xenogears and Xenosaga and the story never capture me as much as this one. Both of the games I stated before are awesome games but the persona series have taken my top 3 at least. The true ending of persona 4 was amazing and shocking to me at least first time I had that happen in JRPG, except the Aerith's death in FFVII lol.

This is my opinion and I respect all of yours.
#47Nezu ChizaPosted 1/28/2013 6:10:56 PM
Paradox_Knight posted...
Oh-hoh! Someone here has played Xenogears. Nice.

Did you ever try Alundra, Threads of Fate, Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, Legend of Dragoon, SaGa Frontier or Azure Dreams?

All of the above and more, actually. One day I really need to take pictures of my game collection, I've been collecting RPG's and Survival Horror since the NES.
---
"I can't believe how childish you are, both in attitude AND breast size!" - Kusanagi to Momiji, _Blue Seed_