Some NG+ Questions *Spoilers*

#1Insider2000Posted 1/28/2013 3:42:10 AM
I'm working towards beating the game for the first time right now. I've managed every trophy except for the two I can't gain outside from my second playthrough and the completed Compendium (which I'm either going to do before I finish or on the second playthrough, depending on if I get bored).

My questions:

1. If I'm not trying to get every Social Link, what Social Links should I get no matter what? I assume every party member (to boost their personas), Margaret (to fight her at the end), Adachi (for the True Ending), and Marie (for the True Ending). Is there anyone I'm missing? I'm not exactly worried about maxing them out so my Personas can gain additional levels.

2. The guide I followed for max social links had me being in a relationship will all females. Is there anything that reduces stats/Persona growth for the playable ladies if I choose not to be their girlfriend (so I can stick with one this time)?

3. Does not being Marie's girlfriend affect anything?

4. I have 70% of the compendium completed and I'm very much a level grinder of sorts. Is it better to get the remainder of the 30% in the final dungeon, or is it better to save some for the NG+?

Thanks.
---
Police Brutality!
Spread Em! <3
#2Not_OnlyPosted 1/28/2013 4:50:15 AM
1. You'll need all the social links maxed at some point if you want to complete the compendium, although that does not have to be all in the same playthrough, as the max social link items carry over into a new game plus. Other than that, those should be all you need. You don't actually need to max Adachi's social link for the true ending, and Marie's is only for the golden ending and the bonus dungeon (though I assume you want both of those). So, party members and Marie. I'm pretty sure Marie is available every day of December, so keep that in mind if you're deciding between her and a party member. Don't make the same mistake I did and forget to max her social link though >_<

2. I don't believe it makes any difference other than changing the dialogue. And you get to feel like a dick having to reject them.

3. May want to proof-read this question ;) But, no. You can stay friends with Marie and still get the bonus content, so long as the social link is maxed. I'm currently playing through the final dungeon myself and so I'm not sure if not becoming her boyfriend affects whether or not you get the golden ending, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter.

4. As I said earlier, if you haven't maxed all social links you won't be able to acquire 100% in the final dungeon anyway, but you'll be able to grind money for fusions much easier in the final dungeon than you would at the start of a NG+. Although, in a NG+ you can mess with the difficulty settings in order to get a massive money and xp bonus from battles, so it may be worth leaving it until then.
#3Insider2000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:44:11 AM(edited)
LOL! Sorry. 'Effect', not 'Affect'. That stuff bothers me too. Slipped through the cracks just this once.

On my current playthrough, I've maxed every Social Link, so I should be fine unlocking every Persona in my current playthrough outside of the super Izanagi. I'll collect all the Persona's in this run so I don't have it lingering in the next run.

And I won't feel bad rejecting the girls. In this playthrough, I made all of them my girlfriend. So come Valentine's Day, when I had to choose only one of them and reject the rest, I felt TERRIBLE. So, I'd rather break their hearts BEFORE I call any of them my girlfriend.

Thank you!
---
Police Brutality!
Spread Em! <3
#4Inertion5Posted 1/28/2013 7:05:54 AM
Insider2000 posted...
LOL! Sorry. 'Effect', not 'Affect'. That stuff bothers me too. Slipped through the cracks just this once.


He meant "Marie's girlfriend" ._.
#5Insider2000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:08:24 AM
If you guys need me, I'm going to go piss myself laughing.
---
Police Brutality!
Spread Em! <3