What was the Point?! (Near end game spoilers)

#1MadHatteressPosted 1/28/2013 8:56:02 PM
OK... So I'm following a MAX Social Link guide that made me become lovers with all the ladies. I just finished the Valentines Day part aaaand... I feel horrible.

Since there are a fair amount of changes from the PS2 version, I just want to know for my next play through if I actually miss anything if I just pick one girl to date and keep the rest friends. I'm guessing if I'm just friends they'll still get their 3rd Persona like the men, right?

I think I read that it's only fine to have another lover if it's Aeon, right? No one's gonna hate me at school? ;p If I keep Aeon as a friend, only some dialogue changes, right? I still get my extra dungeon and expanded ending as long as a I max her out?

Oh, and does Nanako still nearly kill you if you're not a cheating jerk? I'm assuming that only happened since the ladies wanted to get back at you... Or maybe they're all still really bad at cooking. But still, I can't think of any other reason why Yukiko would tell her to put fish in the freaking chocolate O_o

Thanks!
---
You wronged us, Capcom, make it Wright!
#2DB-RBPosted 1/28/2013 9:00:18 PM
yukiko, chie, and rise are just bad cooks. that's why.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#3The_LimitPosted 1/28/2013 9:11:52 PM(edited)
Only difference for the 3rd Persona rank up is dialogue if you're friends or in a relationship.

No one will get mad at you on Valentine's Day for dating Marie. Only thing that changes between her friend and lover routes are dialogue. It doesn't affect getting her dungeon or anything else.

The girls did not intentionally try to kill you with Nanako's gift, cheating had nothing to do with it. It would be the same even if you were faithful with one girl. I won't insult their cooking skills though... Yukiko's an awesome cook to me. <3
---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me! :D) 4everrr Playing: P4G and P4A
Yukiko... She's My Everything... View our gallery of eternal love! <3 http://imgur.com/a/cBYhI#0
#4demunpuncherPosted 1/28/2013 10:22:49 PM
Mystery Food X and the omelet fiasco should have clued you in on the reason why Nanako's gift turned out the way it did. MC's the only person in the game that knows how to cook edible food.
#5FireDragoon18Posted 1/28/2013 10:28:56 PM
The_Limit posted...
Yukiko's an awesome cook to me. <3

Oh you poor soul... Your taste buds have been damaged beyond repair, haven't they?

And to answer your question, I stayed true to Chie and Nanako still made that... thing on Valentine's Day.

... I shouldn't have told her it was "Give Your Big Bro Chocolate Day"...
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#6MadHatteress(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:19:46 PM
demunpuncher posted...
Mystery Food X and the omelet fiasco should have clued you in on the reason why Nanako's gift turned out the way it did. MC's the only person in the game that knows how to cook edible food.

You really don't need to be so condescending to me, especially since you should've been clued in to the fact the ladies were starting to improve when they decided to follow a cookbook and actually made an edible cake that was apparently delicious.

Like I said, what made me think that it could be a scene that had a different possibility was the fact that Yukiko suggest fish for chocolate. It was a reasonable question considering the caused me to be a cheating dog. They did deserve some revenge.
---
#7Wolf_McWolfPosted 1/29/2013 8:40:08 PM(edited)
MadHatteress posted...
demunpuncher posted...

You really don't need to be so condescending to me, especially since you should've been clued in to the fact the ladies were starting to improve when they decided to follow a cookbook and actually made an edible cake that was apparently delicious.

Like I said, what made me think that it could be a scene that had a different possibility was the fact that Yukiko suggest fish for chocolate. It was a reasonable question considering the caused me to be a cheating dog. They did deserve some revenge.

Even if they're getting better, they still suck hard. Remember that it took four of them like, three tries to make a cake, even following the recipie. Also, it was implied that Nanako asked each of the older girls individually, then combined all their awful advice into an extremely deadly confection. The only person whose advice wasn't "wing it" was Naoto, who just sort of backed down and decided to let it ride after Nanako mentioned she'd gotten advice from the other three.
---
Yar har fiddle dee dee.
#8MadHatteress(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:09:42 PM
Wolf_McWolf posted...
MadHatteress posted...
demunpuncher posted...

Even if they're getting better, they still suck hard. Remember that it took four of them like, three tries to make a cake, even following the recipie. Also, it was implied that Nanako asked each of the older girls individually, then combined all their awful advice into an extremely deadly confection. The only person whose advice wasn't "wing it" was Naoto, who just sort of backed down and decided to let it ride after Nanako mentioned she'd gotten advice from the other three.

But it's still a relevant question since for all I knew it was just plain a consequence for being a cheater. Plus, it doesn't really matter that she asked each one alone. It's weird in the first place that, especially if you date all of them, that it didn't come out sooner what you're doing.

This is pretty pointless to debate about as the game started to imply the ladies were getting better since in the end they realized to use a cookbook and came out with a better cake. How am I supposed know if it stuck?
---
#9GSSAGE7Posted 1/29/2013 9:11:55 PM
To be fair, even the other characters mention that only Naoto is smart enough to consider using a cookbook.
#10MadHatteress(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:16:20 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
To be fair, even the other characters mention that only Naoto is smart enough to consider using a cookbook.

Yes, but you'd think the other girls would keep that in mind with their future projects since it gave them such an excellent result.

Alright, awesome. So questions were answered and the game decided to just keep the ladies lousy cooks as a running gag. Now I know. I just get curious about just which scenes will change depending on your choices.

/End thread.
---